What's new

Press Release HTF EXCLUSIVE! Twilight Time August 2017 Release Announcements (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
post-269895-0-41275100-1443955504.jpeg

Twilight Time has given us an exclusive early look at these August Announcements. Enjoy!​
If you see these titles posted elsewhere within 8 HOURS without credit being given to HTF, rest assured it came from us first!

Note: Moving forward we are going to announce our schedule ONE month at a time instead of two.

SafariScreenSnapz001.png

8 HEADS IN A DUFFEL BAG (1997) BLU-RAY - Aug 15th

KID GALAHAD (1962) BLU-RAY - Aug 15th

THE LONG, HOT SUMMER (1958) BLU-RAY - Aug 15th

SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER (1959) BLU-RAY - Aug 15th

THE EMPEROR IN AUGUST (2015) BLU-RAY - Aug 15th

Bernard McNair

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bernard McNair
The Emperor in August looks to be an interesting film. Really looking forward to that and Kid Galahad which will both be pre-orders for me.
Thank you TT!!!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I already have The Long, Hot Summer on BD from Germany which is Region Free so I need to know more details about Twilight Time's release before I double-dip. Suddenly, Last Summer and Kid Galahad are buys. The Emperor in August is a title I have to find out more about to see if it interests me.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I already have The Long, Hot Summer on BD from Germany which is Region Free so I need to know more details about Twilight Time's release before I double-dip...
Me too. Since it has only ever been released as 2 channel stereo, it is unlikely that the original 3 (or 4) track magnetic stereo soundtrack even still exists. If by chance it does and Twilight Time includes it, I will be enticed to re-buy.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I also have the German disc of The Long, Hot Summer. I seem to recall someone posting that the film has since been remastered. If that is correct, Twilight Times' disc might be noticeably better.

Suddenly Last Summer is an automatic and mandatory purchase! I'm still undecided about Kid Galahad.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
I also have the German disc of The Long, Hot Summer. I seem to recall someone posting that the film has since been remastered. If that is correct, Twilight Times' disc might be noticeably better.

Suddenly Last Summer is an automatic and mandatory purchase! I'm still undecided about Kid Galahad.

The Long Hot Summer has been given a 4k remaster from Fox recently. The German is from an old master.

RafaelPires

Supporting Actor
The Long Hot Summer has been given a 4k remaster from Fox recently. The German is from an old master.
This is true. And, being Twilight Times famous for using the best available sources for their releases, I am assuming this 4k restoration will be the one used in the Bluray.

Very excited with this annoucement. I'm in for The Long Hot Summer and Suddenly, Last Summer.

I am another one that prefers the new implemented "monthly announcement" mode.

Rodney

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The Emperor in August looks to be an interesting film. Really looking forward to that and Kid Galahad which will both be pre-orders for me.
Thank you TT!!!
I hadn't heard of The Emperor in August prior to this announcement, but being a history buff, that is right up my alley. I recently finished reading The Reluctant Admiral and the movie looks like it dovetails nicely from that.
Blind buy for me.

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
http://www.parkcircus.com/films/collections/558_4k_digital_cinema.

I'm not sure if I should post this. Because it will open the door to TT being bombarded by questions and requests. But this listing is quite spot on regarding classic films and 4k. There are some titles missing though of titles released that are 4k. This list is updated throughout the week.
Thank you as I seriously doubt TT will release these upcoming Blu-rays without using the best elements available. Matter of fact, I'm looking forward to both "Summer" releases now.:)

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Thank you as I seriously doubt TT will release these upcoming Blu-rays without using the best elements available. Matter of fact, I'm looking forward to both "Summer" releases now.:)

Considering how invested both Fox and Sony are with remastering their classic catalogs it only makes sense to wait for the best presentation. 4k seems to be where home viewing is headed. When TT says they are waiting for a 4k remaster they mean it. Doctor Dolittle could of had a release already, but it would have been a big let down.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks