What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: "Wrong Turn" (with screenshots) (1 Viewer)

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Thanks for the review, Adam! Will you be posting a review of Down With Love soon, or have you not received it yet?

Will K

Screenwriter
Excellent review, Adam. One of my favorite horror offerings of the year. Can't wait to pick it up!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I'd probably buy the DVD if it was called "Eliza Dushku's Day On The Couch." :emoji_thumbsup: :D

Glad to hear it's worth a view on top of that and I'm always looking to add another horror flick to the collection.

rhett

Supporting Actor
Although it brings nothing new to the genre, I enjoyed WRONG TURN for all its backwoods fun. Definitely a huge throwback to the seminal 70's horror classics like Texas Chainsaw and The Hills Have Eyes, this is one of better horror films of the last couple years. Great review by the way, Adam!

Looking back, horror fans have gotten a lot of quality stuff this past year. Final Destination 2, Identity, Wrong Turn, Freddy vs. Jason, House of 1000 Corpses, 28 Days Later...and we aren't even in October yet!

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
darned flipper :thumbsdown:

Down With Love is EXCELLENT!

The colours pop, and the dialogue is snazzy and tongue twisting!

loved it!

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
darned flipper
I don't think this is a flipper...
Dual sided, yes. But I'm pretty sure they fit the entire 84 minute movie on 1 side.:D

Anyway, excellent review.
I really liked this in the theater. Not the best horror film, but it was a lot more effective and entertaining than I thought it was going to be. A surprising gem that I will definitely add to my collection.

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
flip for split extras.

double-sided, no artwork (hard to read label, which will get buffed off when), more prone to scratches etc etc etc.

no good. But I love the movie!

good stuff. had me chanting, "die, you fool, die!"

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
The extras on the full-frame side are absolutely worthless, though, so once you figure out which side is widescreen, that should pretty well cover you.

T r o y

Supporting Actor
So what does everyone think of their Wrong Turn DVD's?
Do yall like the A/V quality of this one?

Later!

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
Can anyone explain what the difference between the "Francine Kill" in the deleted scene and the one in the film is?

I watched this last night and it had a few spots that made me jump but all in all, I thought they could have done much better.

There were too few many "monsters" and too few "victims".

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
Watched this one last night. I actually liked this movie. I liked the feel of the film. A bit claustrophobic with some good "jump" scenes.

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
I also watched the flick last night. Some pretty good jumps and scares. I appreciated it brevity...it got right into the story and wasted very little time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks