What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD Review: Transformers (2-disc) (Recommended) (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
David,
I watched the HD DVD of it yesterday and I'm very happy with it so far which was my third viewing of the film since I saw it twice during its theatrical run. I haven't watched the second disc yet nor listen to the commentay, but plan to do so shortly.

tim cat

Agent
Any chance this movie will be re-released on DVD with a DTS soundtrack? If ever a movie cried out for the superior DTS treatment it's Transformers.

JeremyLG

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jeremy

I just watched it tonight, I had a few problems.

One was the "mosquito noise" during a overhead shot of the yellow camero. I think it may have been when Optimus Prime first reveals himself to Sam and Mikaela.

Another time some green blocks appeared at the bottom of the screen when they were in the street/alley going to Sam's home. The green blocks looked a little bit like digital broadcast problems you have may on digital cable, satellite, etc.

And finally, during the war in the streets my disc froze/locked up for a couple seconds then started playing again.

I have the 2 disc Target transforming case edition in case anyone else is having the same problems. I want to exchange for a good copy due to the green blocks and freezing issue. I doubt an exchange would help on the "mosquito" issue.

Let me know too if anyone is experiencing the same.

Thanks,
Jeremy G.

Brett_M

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett Meyer

I bought the single-disc edition and had no playback problems at all. The PQ was flawless (I saw the film 3 times theatrically and it looked better on my set-up).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Actually, in a perfect world, only the Blu-Ray edition would exist.

KIDDING! :D

Jeremy, the green blocking that you're describing sounds like a scratched disc to me. I'd exchange it if I were you.

Bonedwarf

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Steve
Picked up the two disk edition yesterday. Was $4 more than the single. Not watched the second disk yet (other than to check out the easter eggs). About 30 minutes into the commentary and Bay sounds like he has a cold. But it's a great track so far. Few dead spots which is a little irritating, but informative so far. I can't believe idiot Transformer fanboys sent the guy DEATH THREATS! (Actually, yes I can sadly.)

I think it's a great movie. Had no problem during the battles figuring out what was going on. My only criticism of the whole movie is the military strategy involved in the end sequence.

"Let's take this device that the bad guys are after to a hugely populated area." And the secretary of defense says "Great idea!" WHAT?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Gave it a spin finally last night and what a beautiful disc. Sound was pretty intense, been a while since I've heard the surrounds like that, and the upconverted picture on the Zenith was just beautiful.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I must have watched this dvd 4 times since buying it last week, it's been awhile since a moderen blockbuster has had this amount of repeatability for me. I didn't care for how some of the personalities of the Autobots and Decepticons came through in the theater, ie they didn't seem to have much with the exception of Prime and Bumblebee, but on dvd they play better with repeat viewings.

It's just a matter of thinking of it like this, these beings have come to Earth with more pressing matters to attend to and there wasn't a lot of time for chit chat, there will be plenty of time to talk to the humans and get to know them after they eliminate the Decepticon threat. Still, you don't do Jazz that way, i'm still pissed that he went out like that. :frowning:

I love the ability to pause on Megan Fox, that girl has an ass that'll fit on a nickel.
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif

I also must mention the packaging for the 2 disc set...I don't like it. It's too plain looking.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member

While I got plently of surround-channel use in the battle scenes I had to get up and physically check that my subwoofer was connected and running. I didn't hear/feel any tactile deep bass. Also I found the audio to be very flat. I turned the volume down 15 points so the loud parts wouldn't wake the wife.... and I never had to turn the movie back up during the quiet talking parts. Everything was the same flat volume.

Visual the DVD was very impressive, but audio-wise this one was pretty bad by blockbuster standards. (This was the 1-disk DD edition)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks