What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: The Dark Knight: Two-Disc Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
I have a 25" TV and a standard Sony DVD player. The movie looked great to me, so no complaints from this buyer...except for the second disc. With Begins, the 2-disc set came with a comprehensive set of BTS featurettes; certainly not Lord of the Rings-esque in their depth, but a very nice panorama of the production. The 2 disc SD-DVD for Dark Knight is pretty paltry; I really view the IMAX sequences on disc 2 as a waste of space, since without a BD player and HD TV, they really don't look any different (aside from the aspect ratio).

So I'm very content with the transfer. I just wish WB hadn't shafted SD-DVD buyers WRT to the content on disc 2.

Christopher*KH

Stunt Coordinator
From The Digital Bits;
"........... tonight is Warner's big BD-Live screening event with The Dark Knight and director Christopher Nolan. It kicks off at 6PM Pacific, but you should log in about 15 minutes early. So if you're one of the 100,000 folks who have registered and logged in with your Dark Knight Blu-ray............."

I HOPE SOMEONE will bring the PQ of the regular DVD and an answer for why it looks so BAD... I AM completely sold on the Conspiracy of Downgrading SDDVD for the express purpose of make BD look that much better. ITS all about the MONEY.

BUT Alot of people are pissed. Batman Begins looks alot better why not The Dark Knight right???

Hope we can get an answer soon... maybe they messed up and maybe they are going to correct it like the Back to The Future debacle..

Merry Christmas to all, C
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
Boy, would you be asking the wrong person if you did. Nolan has no control over the compression of the DVD, which is what appears to be the problem, based on what I'm hearing about artifacts. Nolan would have approved the HD master, and that would have been the extent of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks