What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD Review: The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones: Volume One (1 Viewer)

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
I wonder if it looks as good as the new Twin Peaks set. Another show from the same era. About the same price too. Cept with Twin Peaks i get the whole show for that price!
I dont like TV shows edited to movie form. It didnt work with ANY of them i have seen (Planet of the Apes the series, The Night Stalker series, Fantastic Journey among others). You can always tell where one ends and the other starts.

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter

Dammit, this is what I'm talking about! StarTrooper, don't listen to Justin--the set looks FINE, and it's a great (admittedly overpriced) all-around package!!!

hispro

Auditioning
Real Name
Wayne Whited
It has to be your equipment. I'm usually the first to jump up and complain about quality, but I found all the films, especially "Love's Sweet Song" and "The Perils of Cupid" to be some of the most gorgeously filmed and vibrant pieces of television I have ever seen. My memory of the series from back in the 90s is that it never looked this good (and my memory isn't faulty. I have all the episodes from off-air on VHS). I was and still am a big supporter of the new format of the episodes. I think they work best in 2 hour format. I know a lot of people disagree, but that's my opinion. Plus having them in chronological order helps to follow the story.

And, as a huge fan of history and especially of this period, I love the documentaries. I think they're wonderful and very very educational and interesting. So does my 7 year old son, who's already sat and watched them all (I haven't watched the last 2 disks of documentaries). I've never been more happy with a box set and can't wait until the remaining two are out.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks