What's new

DVD Review HTF DVD REVIEW: "Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines" w/scrnshts (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) (1 Viewer)

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
ya i am holdin off on this i am sick of mult releases so defin will wait for a betetr a/v version.

greg_t

Screenwriter
Just picked it up...the 5.1 track is the closest thing I have heard to an actual DTS track. Amazin'!
Agreed! The Dolby 5.1 mix is very very good. Very powerful at reference levels and in my opinion much better than the Matrix reloaded mix. This is an awesome Dolby mix! Video quality is also very good. I am very happy with this set.

George See

Second Unit
Very powerful at reference levels
A little too powerfull, I was watching it at my normal vollume setting for an action movie and at one point my receiver started flashing the word "overloaded" and shut itself off. I don't think any permanent damage was done, but man this disc is loud, the bass gives lord of the rings a run for it's money. Moral of the story listen to it quieter than you normally do with other discs.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Its loud, but a good kind of loud. I swear Ill go deaf by next year if I keep hearing DVDs that sound this good.

Favorite audio bit: the crane into the building
2nd favorite: the fights within the lab area with the T-1s goin off.

Hearing DTS on this movie would likely make my head explode.

Lars_J

Stunt Coordinator
I have to say I was very disappointed with disc 2 - With the exception of the very short FX featurettes, really nothing of interest.

And as someone who missed this film in the theaters, I'm glad I only rented. It was a good film, don't misunderstand me... But it doesn't hold a candle to T2.

And what about the soundtrack - Why did they not reuse more of the T2 musical themes? It would have added greatly to the movie, IMO.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Very powerful at reference levels and in my opinion much better than the Matrix reloaded mix.
I agree that this is a very exiting mix,but it's no better then Reloded it's just different.Reloded's bass extend into the sigle digits in some places, T3 has the typical action bass 30-60hz,possible exeption at @42.00 minutes into the movie[fuel cell explosion].Love this movie and DVD,Mostow must do something speacial with the next release if he wants me to buy it.

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
I sincerely doubt we'll see a double dip release on this. I paid the $14.88 for it and I'm happy I did.
I completely agree with this statement below:
Love this movie and DVD,Mostow must do something speacial with the next release if he wants me to buy it.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
I really enjoyed the movie. However, as I watched it, certain parts just did seem as sharp picture wise as I was expecting. Oh well.

I also thought the very last shot of the movie just kind of fell off. I was so hoping to hear the musical cue from the end of T2 with that closing shot.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Not quite. It was Marconi's re-orchestration of the Terminator/T2 theme... there's distinct differences in the sound.

Nick T Robot

Supporting Actor
ul·ti·mate: adj. "Being last in a series, process, or progression..."
...until they put out an Extreme edition. I still haven't purchased the Extreme Edition of T2, don't think I'm going to. Am I missing anything really cool? is the Cameron Comentary good?)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Is anything else on the T2:EE DVD worthwhile if I already have the T2:UE?

Is the video/audio quality much better than on the UE? I hear that the EE has less EE (Edge Enhancement), but I never notice that kind of stuff. :D

David Galindo

Screenwriter
The T2 EE looks very good..comparable to the T3 release even. But I cannot say if it looks better than the T2 UE since I have not seen it.

Britton

Screenwriter
I can say for sure that the T2 EE looks better than the T2 UE. The differences is noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks