What's new

HTF Dinner At CEDIA? (1 Viewer)

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Hey guys!! I just heard from a marketing research company that will pay $165 for me to attend a 2.25 hour discussion on either Wed or Thursday evening. They said it was to discuss new HT technologies and they were not selling anything.

Anyways for $165 Im game (paid cash at the end). Whats the scam here??? I was told I could bring others but they must qualify by calling 1-800-601-0833. The company is MRA.

If this is for real...lets do the 2.25 hours and the first $165 of beverages is on me!!

PS: they seemed to want me because I am a business owner and a reseller AND NOT a manufacturer.

Does anybody have an opinion??

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Brian, I have no idea. For $165 for only 2.25 hours :)

So can we move dinner to 830 PM?

Confirmed attendees:

Myself CONFIRMED
John Gordon CONFIRMED
Bill Lucas and project manager
Michael Lee
Jerry Klawiter
Kevin K
Tom Rosback
Brian Kleinke CONFIRMED
Brian Bunge

Guys, if attending...Please send me an email OR post here that you are a "for sure". Thanks!

Brian Kleinke

Supporting Actor
I'm fine with moveing to 830PM, I do have an hour + drive to get home so I won't be staying too crazy late :) Nor drinking much besides coke :-/

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Early next week, I'll check to see if they have a room we can reserve, and give them a preliminary number. If I can't get a room, I'll make sure we get an area we can invade.

John A. Gordon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
JohnG
Gregg,
I'm a "for sure," unless of course something else comes up. Hmmm? Does that still qualify as a for sure?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Myself CONFIRMED
John Gordon CONFIRMED
Bill Lucas and project manager
Michael Lee
Jerry Klawiter
Kevin K
Tom Rosback CONFIRMED
Brian Kleinke CONFIRMED
Brian Bunge

Tom, you will reserve a spot for us then? As of Sunday I am on the road until the Wednesday of CEDIA. Kewl, thanks!!

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
I just need to check my schedule again. I have an itinerary where I am meeting with some reps for dinner. I am certain that I have plans for Friday and Saturday..and I am pretty sure I am available for Wed. I just want to make sure. Anybody else going to the Pronto training?

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Gregg,
Right, yes, I'll reserve the room, easier for me to do it here in the Cities than you by remote control.

Regards,

Tom

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Gregg,

You can put me on the confirmed list. That is, assuming I can find a room! I've got plane tickets so I guess I don't have any choice but to show up. I'm just not sure where I'm sleeping yet. I did fax in a request form to ETS International so hopefully I'll hear from them no later than Wednesday.

Brian

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Ok-I am good to go. I might be bringing my business partner also. I am looking forward to seeing Gregg again and meet new folks.

Jerry Klawiter

Screenwriter
I'm sorry to say I will not be able to attend this planned get together.
My wife is in class this evening, I have the kids.
And I just looked over that fine menu.

My wife and I will be at CEDIA and have made plans to attend
the Friday evening AVS gathering.

While we are here, Does anyone want to plan a get together
at cedia?
Kind of like AVS, meet at a certain booth at a given time
over a few days?

Or since most are also AVS members,
just go with those plans set at AVS?

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jerry,
I got your PM. Thanks for the offer. I actually got a room at the Ho Jo Thunderbird Hotel in Bloomington. I checked mapquest and I believe it's about 11 miles from the Convention Center. Does anyone know if the shuttles will go out that far? If not, I'll have to get a car too. Damn, this is getting expensive! :)

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
2 kewl!

Im just getting in from LA then off tomorrow for Minneapolis. I will be at the restaurant by 8 pm.

See you Wednesday!!

Gregg

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
I've made reservations under my name / HTF for 10 at 8:00PM this Wednesday, 25 September. See you there!

Regards,

Tom

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Tom,

Any chance I can bum a ride from you to the restaurant tomorrow? I'm not getting a car since I can get a shuttle to and from the airport and hotel and hotel and CEDIA. I'll be staying at the Howard Johnson's Thunderbird Hotel in Bloomington and will be in sometime around 6pm your time.

Brian

P.S. I won't have internet access after around 12:30 eastern today.

Tom Rosback

Stunt Coordinator
Brian,
Sorry, I'll be tied up in the early evening on Wednesday. I can give you a ride to the hotel after dinner, though.

Regards,

Tom

Users who are viewing this thread