What's new

HTF Cyclists: Need Saddle Recommendations (1 Viewer)

Chris PC

Senior HTF Member
Believe it or not, but the old Selle Italia Flite Titanium saddles were small and narrow and looked like butt killers but actually work fairly well. Its hard to find a good saddle. Be patient and talk to cyclists and try saddles in stores where the bike can be taken for a spin. Saddle soreness is not recognized until quite a few minutes or hours in the saddle. If you can find a good suspension seat post, I'd recommend that too. The best ones are the ones that are canti-levered, as the simple shock in the post ones really don't work so great. The natural motion of the post is not really up and down. Bike-friday or Dayhon, the guys who make the folding bikes, one of them, I think its Dayhon, makes a great suspension seat post.

General saddle advice:

Position the saddle well. Try to get the saddle as level as possible. If there is any cant to the saddle, change it if the seat makes you sore, adjust it until it feels better. I recommend putting the saddle a bit farther forward than normal, but it all depends on you and the bike its on.

Check out those saddles with the missing center part too. I have one of those and its ok, but really, my tiny Selle Italia Flite Ti saddle is the best one I have :) BTW I'm a bit of a bike enthusiast. I have 3 mountain bikes. One which is my "commuter" bike, my original mountain bike which is now my standby bike, and my main mountain bike. I love bicycles :)

Users who are viewing this thread