HTF Counter-Strike Clan??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brett Hancock, Jan 18, 2002.

1. Brett Hancock

Brett Hancock Supporting Actor

Well I have just come off of the best round in my short 2 week Counter-Strike career by going 35-26 on Aztec. This got me to thinking would it be kind of cool if all the Counter-Strike players that are HTF regulars made an HTF clan. We could kick ass at the game while at the same time inform them of OAR and other such topics. Sounds good to me what about you?

2. Paul Spurgeon

I'm not gonna lie to ya, being in a clan in CS is a big pain in the ass unless all you do is have a clan tag and play in the same server all the time. Anything more involved feels too much like work when you're supposed to be playing a game.

3. Graeme Clark

Graeme Clark Cinematographer

This might be best on Game Software.... but if anyone wants to get a server together to play some CS, I'd be all for it. You can rent game servers for less than $30 a month, get one set up on someone's pipe or just find one that isn't used much.

I'm not sure of what the point of a clan is unless you're going to play in some sort of league match and they're your friends who can actually get together at the same time.

4. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

Just in honor of this thread, I fired up Counter Strike (I was always addicted to the Half Life Team Fortress anyway, and now can't get away from the grasp of Wolfenstein). I still suck terrible at this game.

Can anyone give me any pointers?

5. CaptDS9E

CaptDS9E Cinematographer

Kill them before they kill you :) Actually just practice practice practice. When i first started playing Counterstrike and team fortress i was bad at it. Then i just kept practicing and I have become pretty good

6. JustinT

JustinT Stunt Coordinator

7. Paul Spurgeon

Advice:
    1. Play against people MUCH better than you are
    2. Learn the dis/advantages of every weapon and lots of other stuff at csnation.counter-strike.net
    3. Use voice-talk.. it's amazing how much damage 2 people on the same team can do when they're talking to each other in real time
    4. Get good with the AWP.. i never used it until 5 days ago when somebody pissed me off with his abilities, and now I get accused of cheating with it.. which is the ultimate compliment
    5. Set up a button to quickly switch to your pistol and knife after you empty your primary weapon's clip.. it pisses other people off big time when you get a pistol/knife kill on them

This is off the top of my head; I just wanted to practice HTML a little for my intersession class

8. Frank_W

Frank_W Stunt Coordinator

Sorry - I'm a Kingpin player. Tried CS but I just kept

going back to Kingpin.

9. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

I'll echo the AWP sentiment. You've got to get accurate, but it is absolutely the best weapon in the game. Just make sure you've got a good pistol combo to back you up, because the reloading time will get you.

The Steyr is my favorite for multi-use, but when I played with larger teams, the AWP always rules.

10. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

11. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

believe me, I used to be the leader of the largest 'Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight' clan on the internet a couple of years ago... it begins to not be fun when you organize a clan, it begins to feel like work.

12. marc seals

marc seals Agent

Well we could at least let all the HTF crowd in on our playing names and the servers where we play most of the time.
    My handle is [ZaN]Sealman . ZAN is the GOV. identifier for where I work and not an actual clan.
    I usually play at WOTCS I, WOTCS II and WOTCS FF. Don't know the IP addys offhand.
    See ya at the end of my sights..... [​IMG]

13. Frank_Lee

Frank_Lee Agent

I'm actually pretty bad at Counter-Strike but here are some of the things that I've learned.

-Get used to the recoil of the different weapons. This goes along with the shoot in short bursts tip someone mentioned earlier. For example, certain guns like the AK-47 kick up after several shots so I tend to aim lower in anticipation of the recoil. You still need to remember to shoot in bursts because every gun will become too wild to control if you keep the trigger down long enough.

-Keep moving. One trap that people fall into is when they see an enemy, they'll stop dead in their tracks to try to get a bead of him. Once you stop moving, you become an easier target. Get used to keeping a target in your crosshair while running and jumping around.

-Try to stay alive as long as possible. Don't camp but if there's a firefight, take a few shots and don't expose yourself too much. Pretty much the first people to run into an open area are the first people to die. Being a little more cautious and waiting for some of the dust to settle will make it easier for you to pick off the enemy.

-Learn to switch to your secondary gun when your primary runs out of ammo. It takes some getting used to and often you forget in the heat of the moment, but it'll save your when you do remember.