What's new

HTF Contest: Win a copy of three great TV sets from Time Life (1 Viewer)

sidburyjr

Second Unit
Real Name
Dick Sidbury
I saw them all when they were on originally. I was not particularly a fan of Hee Haw, and we have several Carol Burnett sets (my wife is an even bigger fan than I am), so I'd choose the Rickles.

TV_Fan

Second Unit
Real Name
Chris H
Don Rickles set simply because I love his humor. Of course I'd love to won CPO Sharkey along with the tv specials, that would be an awesome complete Rickles set!

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
Here's another entry for Don Rickles. I had the opportunity to see his show live a few years back and he was hilarious. CPO SHARKEY was a underrated program that I wish would have lasted longer.

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Hee Haw. Hopefully the set will have plenty of the "Gloom, Despair, and Misery," segments. I just love that song. That sums everything up.

James,

Perfsol

Auditioning
Real Name
Tim
Carol Burnett for me. Although I like Don as well. Hee Haw was little too corny and never a favourite.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I remember watching Hew Haw at my Grandmother's house every Saturday evening. What a happy, peppy show! I especially liked it whenever Misty Rowe came on the screen!

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
What a tough call!

Some of my earliest memories of TV viewing (Apart from Cartoons!) were of THE CAROL BURNETT SHOW. A lot of great fun!

HEE HAW, I can remember watching from about age 10 or so. Corny as heck, but as funny and endearing as the big outdoors (When it's really nice outside!)!

However, my pick is Don Rickles' CPO SHARKEY! Why? Apart from the fact that I haven't seen this underrated comedic gem in well over 30 years, I need to hear Don's Hockey Puck catchphrase, and see him make his hilarious Beaver Face when he gets really mad! :)

CHEERS! :)

MikeDE

Second Unit
All three of these are great sets, but Hee Haw gets my vote. I remember watching it with my grandfather, and we would laugh at the good jokes, groan at the corny ones, and he would enjoy the music. A while back I saw an old episode, and it still has that goofy feel, but this time I could appreciate the music. Hee Haw is just fashioned silly fun.

Terry Hickey

Second Unit
Real Name
Terry Hickey
"The Carol Burnett Show"

It was a main event on Saturday night, and we usually laughed ourselves silly watching it.

topanga

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Felicia
Definitely the Carol Burnett Show. This show had some of the best and most memorable skits in tv history

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
The Carol Burnett Show set would undoubtedly be my favorite since I consider her the greatest female comedian. Any episode from her long-running television series is a great time and I'd love to see these never before released episodes.

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Adam Gregorich said:
HTF and Time Life are giving away three great TV sets to one lucky winner:

attachicon.gif
timelife.png

Here is more information on The Carol Burnett Show - The Lost Episodes, and more information on The Hee Haw Collection.

To enter just list which of the three sets is your favorite and why. Winner will be chosen at random from all valid entries on 12/23. Winner must be over 18 and be able to have the sets shipped to a US or Canadian address.

Good Luck!
Hee Haw hands down! 585 episodes spanning 4 different decades with a cavalcade of stars that one wouldn't expect for a "hick" show including Sammy Davis, Jr. and Oscar the Grouch! I still have fond memories of staying up late and watching it with my parents on WBBJ out of Jackson, TN. I now watch it faithfully every Sunday on RFD-TV!

David Deeb

Screenwriter
Real Name
David
Carol Burnett Show. The entire cast is great, and with a personal favorite in Korman as he always cracked me. And the variety aspect was so perfect. It's a format you just don't see much of anymore.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
Gloom, despair and agony on me: Choose only one favorite?

I guess I can augment the meaning of favorite as to which one I'd prefer to have right now!

That would be "Hee-Haw." Why? Much curiosity. I don't believe I've seen any episodes

of this show for decades and have been interested in this new release. I also love television

variety shows and am an avid fan of Laugh-In, which this show was completely based on as

a country/rural version.

The truth of the matter is problematic, but here it is: Of these three sets, I know I'd want all of

the Carol Burnett's that have been released. I don't know as much about Hee-Haw to know

if I'd want the extended release, but it doesn't mean my interest in it is any less than the others.

As Edith Ann would say, "And that's the truth."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks