What's new

HTF Challenge for music buffs? (1 Viewer)

Brent_H

Second Unit
We have all these challenges to watch all the AFI films and what not....we should have some sort of list or challenge or something for music fans as well....I know there is a ton of albums out there that I *should* hear at least once if not add to my collection...but I have no idea where to start. Granted, the AFI helps us out within the film medium...but is there any sort of institution that does the same sort of thing with music? Maybe this is a bad idea, and maybe I could just refer to Blender's '500 Albums You Must Own Before You Die' list.....but whatever. Any comments or suggestions??

John Watson

Screenwriter
I'm not sure if music taste is more diverse than film taste, but there are a helluva lot more cds available than DVDs. And the world gets less and less organizable as we go along.

However, there was a thread some months ago when posters here offered suggestions as to essential albums in a lot of genres. Its an interesting read, and a place to start. :)

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ighlight=Byrds

I hope that gets there. It started in December 2002

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation636
Recent bookmarks