What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF Blu-Ray Review: Youth Without Youth - Recommended (1 Viewer)

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Blu-ray Disc REVIEW

ronsreviews_covers_1863007.jpg">

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Kevin,

Thanks for the review. I have this in my Netflix queue, as I have been meaning to check it out. Your review only serves to pique my interest further.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i have the sd dvd but decided to wait for netflix to send out the br.
i want to take advantage of the true hd track and of course the hd picture.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As I said in my thread about this movie in the SD area, I really love it. I saw it in the theater a couple months back. It is deeply philosophical and requires a lot of intense thought on the part of the viewer (and I still do not understand it completely), which I think is at least part of why it hasn't been too warmly received. But it's a great piece that will reward those who are willing to commit to it. I'm looking forward to getting to analyze it further upon repeat viewings with the Blu-ray. It's one of the most beautifully shot movies I've ever seen too, and especially since Coopola shot it hi-def, I can't wait to see what it looks like on Blu for myself. Thanks for the review -- it is disappointing that the one featurette is nonanamorphic, but there seems to be some meat to these bonus features which is more than I was expecting. The music one in particular should be interesting.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i watched the first 30 minutes or so earlier today.
i thought the picture looked as sharp and clear and perfect as any hd disc
i've seen yet.
about as close to reference as i think it can be.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
well, finally finished it.

umm, what the heck was it about and what happened?

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member

:laugh:

I watched this last night, and I can completely understand your reaction. Was it merely a love story as I've heard more than one person say? I hope not, as there are certainly more straight-forward and convincing ways to tell one than this. In fact, I'm sure there is more to this movie than that even though I can understand why that is all some can pick up on. Alas, I am in the unenviable position of, while sensing there is more to this movie than that, not really understanding what it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newyork333
Recent bookmarks