What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Toy Story: Special Edition (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I mis-read your reply to Malcolm as meaning that you recommend upgrading and were planning on doing the amazon routine yourself (rather than suggesting it to him). My bad.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
If you're a member of Disney Movie Rewards there will be a $10 coupon. Rumor is you'll only be able to print one per membership.

Also there is a disney ugrade to blu program that has $8 coupons. If you haven't done this already though, the coupons probably won't arrive (via email) before the 1st week deals are over.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by BrettB

If you're a member of Disney Movie Rewards there will be a $10 coupon. Rumor is you'll only be able to print one per membership.

Also there is a disney ugrade to blu program that has $8 coupons. If you haven't done this already though, the coupons probably won't arrive (via email) before the 1st week deals are over.

where? i have been to the site twice today and havent seen a thing

update, yes it true, if you are a rewards member once you log in input the upc in the block to the side and you can print it out, 10 off on each one, plus the 10 off when you buy both, plus the movie cash, total of $30 off this way, plus the two tickets, at like 8.50 or so a piece, not a bad deal

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I assume you're talking about the DMR site. Sorry, I forgot to mention that the coupon(s) there aren't live yet. I think the info on this came from slickdeals maybe.

Here is the link to the upgrade site that has the $8 coupons www.disneyupgrade2blu.com/ Just an FYI - I had sent in the one & only UPC from the bottom of the ultimate toy box set and they rejected it at first. I emailed them back pretty irate and they emailed back this morning saying they would get me the coupons "by 4/5/10".

EDIT: so they're live now? Awesome!

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
I hope Target accepts these coupons. In the fine print it says void where prohibited. If the deal from Target is indeed each disk being sold for $20 and buying both together gets you an instant $10 off, the total would be $30. Then, if you add in the Disney coupons (The two $5 off and the two $10 off if you have a DVD/VHS copy of each movie) for each movies, that totals $15 off each movie. If my math is correct, the total becomes $0. I just don't see this being the case. I canceled my Amazon pre-order and am waiting to see tomorrows Target circular to see if the rumors are true.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I don't understand how the $10 coupons work -- do you log in and enter the UPC from the old DVD editions?

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
Go to the Disney Movie Rewards page, log in to your account (make one if you don't have one), in the area where it says "Enter Code", type in the UPC. Do not use any dashes or it won't work. You can use previous DVD versions or the VHS versions (which I did).

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks -- it was a little confusing since you enter the UPC where you would normally enter the Disney Movie Rewards code.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Originally Posted by EdReedFan20

Go to the Disney Movie Rewards page, log in to your account (make one if you don't have one), in the area where it says "Enter Code", type in the UPC. Do not use any dashes or it won't work. You can use previous DVD versions or the VHS versions (which I did).
OK, I entered the UPC from my Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box set, but was only abler to get the $10 for Toy Story. How do I get the $10 coupon for Toy Story 2?

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Originally Posted by Toddwrtr

OK, I entered the UPC from my Toy Story Ultimate Toy Box set, but was only abler to get the $10 for Toy Story. How do I get the $10 coupon for Toy Story 2?
I had the same thing happen when I used my Toy Story 1/2 combo pack UPC; I just searched for a Toy Story 2 UPC online and used that.

EdReedFan20

Stunt Coordinator
I had the original stand-alone VHS versions of each movie. So I had two separate UPCs to use. All in all I have $30 dollars worth of coupons ($5 dollars off Toy Story, $10 dollars off Toy Story, $5 dollars off Toy Story 2, and $10 dollars off Toy Story 2) if Target accepts all the coupons (which I doubt they will) I only need to pay $6.00 ($23+$23=$46- Target's $10 deal if both movies are bought together= $36- $30 worth of coupons (I hope they work!)= $6+tax) The coupons state that Disney reimburses whatever company accepts the coupons with the face value of the coupon and 8 cents. I just hope they work.

ATimson

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew Timson
Last I checked, Target's policy is one of each type of coupon per product - so you could use your $10 manufactuer's coupon on each movie and a Target store coupon if you had one, but not both the $10 and $5 manufacturer's coupons.

I suspect the fine print on the coupon says something similar about only one being allowed per product, but I left mine in the car, so I can't exactly go check. :)

Holer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joel
Just FYI - Frys has TS 1 & 2 for $15.00 each if you buy both but they won't take the Disney coupons.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Hmmm. Target worst case scenario: $23 x 2 = $46 - $10 (discount for buying both) = $36 - $20 (Disney coupons) = $16 + tax for BOTH titles. I'd say the Fry's "deal" isn't much of a deal in comparison.

Holer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Joel
Sorry - I wasnt calling out the deal so much as the fact that they wouldnt take the Disney coupons. Not sure if other retailers are being so stingey but just thought I would put it out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks