What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Toy Story 3 (Combo Pack) (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I got the same e-mail today too. Although my copy already shipped from Amazon today (they had an $8 coupon back in August that I used). I'd like to hope that I get it on Monday but I doubt that will happen.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Originally Posted by TravisR
I got the same e-mail today too. Although my copy already shipped from Amazon today (they had an $8 coupon back in August that I used). I'd like to hope that I get it on Monday but I doubt that will happen.

Oooh... Thanks for the reminder about Amazon's preorder shipping. I still need to cancel my preorder of the Highlander DC BD -- decided to just import the version for about the same net cost from Amazon UK instead.

_Man_

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if Best Buy will accept the coupon? Their site lists the 4 disc set at the sale price of $24.99 so with the coupon, it will be $16.99.

And thanks for the review Matt!

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Man, if you preorder at the Disney Store, you'll get the 3-D poster and $10/ $20 off a future purchase coupon. If you want the poster and plan to shop at Disney again in the next few weeks, it might be worth forfeiting the TRU deposit (are you sure they won't refund it if you cancel?).

Nelson, there's no reason why BB wouldn't accept a manufacturer's coupon. Then again, BB has been strange in the past.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
When this came out theatrically there must have been 25 showings a day available to me among the various multiplexes, and only 2 of those weren't in 3D. I tried to catch it twice and couldn't make it, and just decided I shouldn't bother if they're going to make it such a chore. So I'm really looking forward to this one.

Matt, I'm curious what kind of display you're using?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Aaron, I hope you're right!

I couldn't get Target to accept the Coupons for Toy Story 1 and 2 bd's, but Toys R Us did!

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
I printed out the Toy Story 3 coupon tonight. Strange that it's only for $8 as opposed to previous coupons that were $10, but since I already put a $7.50 down payment on the disc at BB (getting a cool steelcase package for the disc), the total price I pay for it next week with the coupon will be about $10, so I can't complain. I can't wait to complete the trilogy.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I can't wait until tuesday so that I can get my hands on that Toy Story 3 coupon! I've been waiting for ages to see a coupon release like this! I hope the grain structure is properly represented when I display the coupon on my set up!

It's a great year to be a coupon enthusiast!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Watched with the wife last night. What a brilliant movie.

They got etter with each movie.

Just a perfect ending too, If anyone didn't have a tear in their eye at the end I don't now how that could be possible.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by TonyD

Watched with the wife last night. What a brilliant movie.

They got etter with each movie.

Just a perfect ending too, If anyone didn't have a tear in their eye at the end I don't now how that could be possible.

I'm not sure about better than 1 and 2, but it certainly more than holds its own.

Tears in my eyes, rolling down my face, all over my shirt sleeve, coating the inside of the 3D glasses -- there was about 5 minutes near the end where I was hoping it wouldn't end just so I could save a little bit of macho. Luckily the non-teary happiness returns at the end and through the credits and then realized I had an awful lot of company from the sniffles and nervous laughter I was hearing from all the adults.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Verily agreed about the very fitting, very moving ending and how this one more than holds its own as the 3rd (and final?) film in the series.

RE: BB's handling of such coupons, the only time they *might* balk at it is if you need to do a PM *or* if you order online for in-store pickup -- it's also possible they might balk if you preordered (to get a deal like the free steelbook case) w/out the coupon and then try to apply the coupon at pickup. If you don't need to do any of that, you should be fine using the coupon.

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks