What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF Blu-Ray Review: The Orphanage (1 Viewer)

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
ronsreviews_covers_1790727.jpg">

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I HIGHLY recommend this to horror fans or anybody looking for a good, moody scare. It's a great little mystery with some scenes that will absolutely unnerve you, like Tomas' debut *shudder*. Really looking forward to the DTS-MA track - God bless you Sony Computer Entertainment!

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
I just finished watching this film, and I too thought it was excellent. Like most, I was intrigued by Guillermo del Toro attaching his name to this project as a 'presenter'. I was also quite concerned that the viewing experience might wind up like a number of 'Quentin Tarantino Presents' I've seen. Fortunately that was not the case, and it would seem that del Toro takes his 'presenting' seriously. :)

As others have said, The Orphanage is a very well done, thoughtful 'horror' movie, which is hard to find now-a-days. For those of you that miss them, like I do, I highly recommend you give The Orphanage a try.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I can't seem to find this in Canada yet so I just placed my order from amazon. Can't wait to get this film as I love a well done horror film, of which there seems to be not many.

Thanks for the review.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman

Weren't the comparisons to Del Toro's ghost story The Devil's Backbone?

Thanks for the great review!

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss

Yup - Like your recent Golden Compass - the only audio on the HD release was a top-notch one, but one that not everyone will get to experience the full benefit of. (The Orphanage comes with 'Spanish DTS HD Lossless Master Audio 7.1 Surround')

Shawn DuHast

Stunt Coordinator
If you liked this as much as I did then another Spanish film coming your way later this year you might want to check out is [REC]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks