What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Star Trek: Motion Picture Trilogy (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wish I shopped in those stores because I know was paying the $30 MSRP alot back then. Some were cheaper (and some- Fox titles and Universal special editions- were more then $30) but $30 was definitely the norm back then.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink

Then your memory is simply lacking. Some studios had better pricing than others, of course, but I recall that standard MSRP for a non-anamorphic, bare-bones Fox DVD, for example, was $35 for quite some time.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Yawn!
Travis, you speak the truth.
I was wondering what rock some people have been under, to call Blu-ray a failure.
When you speak of catalogue Blu-rays selling less that 6000 units, dont forget to mention the DVDs that sell just as poorly! Doesnt mean DVD is failing either!

troy evans

Screenwriter
Last I checked this was a review thread for Star Trek Trilogy Blu-ray. Not post format war rhetoric. Please continue that discussion elsewhere.

BillyFeldman

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Billy Feldman

Well, you see, not only do I not live under a rock, Mr. Yawn, I didn't call Blu-Ray a failure. But since you said I did, since you ascribed those words to me specifically, why don't you just quote the post where I said the word "failure" or, in fact, anything like the word "failure." Oh, and last I read, DVDs are not doing particularly well either right now.

Back to Star Trek. I'm watching the Wrath of Cohen - not the best Blu-Ray I've ever seen (haven't seen that many, though), but it looks many times better than the last DVD.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Yep, thanks Carl!

I agree with Troy, we should talk about Trek on Blu-ray.

By the way Billy, i never mentioned your name in my post.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa

You also Have to expect alot of the blu ray classic films are already owned by DVD owners. I love Pale Rider, The Guantlet and Casablanca, I own those films on DVD and I'm not in a hurray to upgrade even thou I know they most likely will look better, I just don't have that much disposable incme, but I will buy a New title I want to own and when I buy it it will be on Blu Ray.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Too bad for this argument that we've had several recent announcements of price drops for both hardware and software. This is, of course, added to the dozens from before.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Good grief, what did I start here?
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks