What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: National Lampoon's European Vacation (1 Viewer)

DaveM4964

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Davey Meredith
Seems like i read somewhere that European Vacation was originally rated R ?

I've noticed little bits that seem to reveal some editing was done. Ellen remarks in one scene that she said the f word in front of her kids even though we never heard it. In the car chase scene Clark says something like "darn it all" when he gets a flat tire but you can read his lips and see that he said the f word.

I wish they would release the original cut of this movie.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I used to know that part where Clark loses it in the first film by heart.

"...don't touch!"

I saw these in the store yesterday. Really wanted to pick up the first film. But I'll stick with the DVD until this is cheap. I've been pretty happy with the DVD quality, transfer, extras, etc...

DVD Verdict: "The transfer is serviceable, but far from the most impressive catalog update I've seen. It's a 1.85:1 treatment and it offers a mild bump in resolution and nothing more. This is a bright, colorful film and the high-def retouching does little to bring out the gloss. Is it worth a double-dip if you already have the DVD? Based on video quality alone, I'm not seeing a drastic enough increase in fidelity to warrant a re-purchase."

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Clark wants the perfect Christmas but the family gets in the way. It's the same as the first movie. Perfect vacation, but family gets in the way. And at Christmas, everybody gets a little more on edge than normal, even over summer vacation time.

The film does have a very nice heart at times. I particularly love the scene in the attic and the ones with Clark and his parents. It's not the perfect Christmas film but it feel right every year I watch it. I don't see how anyone watching the whole "outdoor lights" scenes doesn't crack a smile at least. Smash that plastic Santa and reindeer!! That's the equivilant to punching Marty Moose in the schnoz!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks