What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: Grumpy Old Men/Grumpier Old Men - Double Feature (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jaref: Where the info is the same, Michael didn't feel the need to repeat it for the two films. You will note he did not say:

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Studio: Warner Bro[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]s/Warner Bros[/COLOR]

or

[COLOR= rgb(0, 0, 0)]Genre: Comedy/Comedy[/COLOR]

And I, most assuredly, did not misquote or even misrepresent Michael's intent.

And, honestly, it borders on rude to suggest how the reviewer should have worded his work.

As Tony noted above, you seem to be the only one who found things vague. And you have yet to say how the sections I quoted could have left any doubt in your mind.

it’s the first time Grumpier Old Men is available in its original theatrical ratio. The aspect ratio is 1.85:1.

It is right there...in (figurative) black and white.

ToddJ

Second Unit
I'm soo happy these are finally out in widescreen and not in pan and scam. Plus, they were made in my home state of Minnesota!

kemcha

Second Unit
Real Name
Jaref
Drop what? I wasn't aware it was against the rules to ask a question. Fact is that the review isn't specific about the aspect ration for each film. It isn't wrong to ask if a review can contain a simple statement that refers to the aspect ratio of each movie, if there are more than two movies on a Blu-ray.

And my other question has yet to be answered, which is why I keep asking it, since everyone keeps nitpicking on why I'm asking the question. Some of the other members would also like to know ... single sided or double sided?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha

Drop what? I wasn't aware it was against the rules to ask a question. Fact is that the review isn't specific about the aspect ration for each film. It isn't wrong to ask if a review can contain a simple statement that refers to the aspect ratio of each movie, if there are more than two movies on a Blu-ray.

Your question was answered multiple times by people who had actually watched the movie. Both of them were, actually. So why keep on antagonizing the OP and everyone else who's answered your questions?

And my other question has yet to be answered, which is why I keep asking it, since everyone keeps nitpicking on why I'm asking the question. Some of the other members would also like to know ... single sided or double sided?

Not only is no one else asking this question, it's been directly answered three times in this thread alone! Not to mention, it's also answered in any of the other threads concerning Warner's double feature BDs.

Apart from this issue where you can't read definitive statements posted multiple times, there's a weird trend on this board where you quote misinformation, twist people's arguments into what they emphatically didn't say, and attack reviews/reviewers for your own unwillingness to skim past the first line, and then continously defend your errors by claiming that it's not your problem.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Honestly.

A mod should come along and trim all this dead weight from a perfectly good review. I, for one, am sorry to have contributed to it.

Some of the other members would also like to know ... single sided or double sided?
Show us one other member who is still asking this question.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell

The following quote is from my post from several posts before you (again) asked your question. If you were to read this thread you would find answers to your questions.

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

Edit: It is a single sided disc, with very plain, generic art on one side.
This has become so absurd that I'm starting to believe you are intentionally "yanking our chain." Both movies are presented in their theatrical wide screen aspect ratio and are on a single sided disc with very plain printed art on the non-playing side.

There are the answers to your questions in one sentence. Can it be any more clear?

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
I picked up the disc. Just to note, after checking both:

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]BOTH FILMS ARE IN WIDESCREEN.[/COLOR]

Please note all reviews as well as Amazon and DeepDiscount etc. also note it this way:

http://www.amazon.com/Grumpy-Grumpier-Comedy-Feature-Blu-ray/dp/B0022NHTD4

So, again, just for the unclear:

[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]BOTH FILMS ARE IN WIDESCREEN, which in this case means 1.85:1.
[/COLOR]

If you are confused as to the ratio, this forum has a great FAQ:
http://events.hometheaterforum.com/home/wsfaq.html
[COLOR= rgb(255, 0, 0)]
[/COLOR]

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I normally wouldn't contribute to such a silly conversation, but this thread is now so ridiculous I just can't help myself. Jaref, to my knowledge, as of yet there is no such thing as a double-sided blu-ray with the blu-ray format technology on both sides. So far there have only been BD/DVD flippers, so the question was complete nonsense in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks