What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: A Star Is Born (1954) (1 Viewer)

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I’m beginning to think that is reported by the same person who believes the moon landing and 9/11 were a hoax and vaccination causes autism. Also, if you go too far west you fall off the earth.

Arthur Powell

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arthur
I’m beginning to think that is reported by the same person who believes the moon landing and 9/11 were a hoax and vaccination causes autism. Also, if you go too far west you fall off the earth.

Didn't you know that the uncut ASIB just screened at Area 51 for a private audience including Elvis Presley, Andy Kaufman, Amelia Earhart, Jimmy Hoffa, and Walt Disney's cryogenically preserved head? True story - I heard it on the internet, and only true stuff is posted on the internet. Another uncut print is also located on Oak Island's Money Pit.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
There's a discussion of the "missing print" in the thread about the film's restoration in this Forum, and here:

http://www.thejudyroom.com/asib/asib-article.html

As I said, it all emanates from one person. No returned calls from Mr. Arick - I wonder why? This is an urban legend that this person has gone on about for decades, and yet only he has seen this mysterious print - if others had seen it don't you think we'd have heard from them by now after all these many, many years? It is not the only urban legend from this person, either. I once had fun proving one of his urban legends was untrue and he went on and on and on about how it was true - would not back down - but sadly for him I had proof, solid seeable proof that he was wrong - he finally, at some point, had to admit his "memory" was incorrect.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
As I said, it all emanates from one person. No returned calls from Mr. Arick - I wonder why?

That works both ways. Mr. Arick has been vilified for allegedly hoarding an original uncut print. If he has no such print, why has he not said so and killed the "urban legend" once and for all? It would not be in his interest to allow an unfounded "urban legend" about himself to continue.

Reactions: PMF

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
Perhaps he enjoys the attention? Just like the guy who spread the story. Perhaps they had a conversation and Mr. Arick let drop that he had this print? Perhaps he was fibbing? Why has he NEVER spoken up one way or the other? I know what I think. Just search the film here - there's a thread where all this is talked about. My guess here is that the fellow from who this emanates and the fellow who purportedly has the print are Fantasyland pals. If you read the article on the Judy Garland site, they were asked NOT to use names, which means the person telling him this stuff didn't want anyone checking with anyone - I think all this is pretty obvious. As to George Feltenstein, he told someone here that he'd gotten permission to contact Arick, but apparently nothing came of it. I wonder why?

Last edited:

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
As to George Feltenstein, he told someone here that he'd gotten permission to contact Arick, but apparently nothing came of it. I wonder why?

I don't think this is significant. Central to this whole story is that Mr. Arick holds a grudge against Warners - possibly with good reason - and refuses to let them have the print. On that basis if Mr. Feltenstein or any colleague contacted Mr. Arick, they'd likely get a dusty response!

More to the point, has Mr. Feltenstein explained why he thought it worthwhile to contact Mr. Arick? Has he given any details of an abortive attempt to negotiate with Mr. Arick?

Last edited:

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
I think it's all BS and has been from the start, especially if he has a grudge - and why would he? Was he fired? Could that be why?

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I think it's all BS and has been from the start, especially if he has a grudge - and why would he? Was he fired? Could that be why?

Why he holds a grudge is not the issue. The fact that he does is the fulcrum of this whole story. I'd like to hear George Feltenstein's version of events. Until then, I'm keeping an open mind.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Until an actual uncut print of A Star Is Born is confirmed instead of gossip and speculation, I see no reason to assume it exists. Hey, I have a complete uncut pristine 35 millimeter print of The Magnificent Ambersons! Tell your movie buff friends! I want to be part of an urban legend too!

Mark B

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mark
Until an actual uncut print of A Star Is Born is confirmed instead of gossip and speculation, I see no reason to assume it exists. Hey, I have a complete uncut pristine 35 millimeter print of The Magnificent Ambersons! Tell your movie buff friends! I want to be part of an urban legend too!
I'll trade you my London After Midnight for your Ambersons.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce

People are funny about this stuff. It's all BS and there's no reason to keep an open mind because as you say, until an actual print surfaces rather than all this BS, then it's all rumor and gossip.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks