What's new

Blu-ray Review HTF BLU-RAY REVIEW: A Bug's Life (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Couldn't agree more, Scott. And the way we've seen some of these types of things go down, it wouldn't surprise me to see it even cheaper--within a month!

I have no knowledge that will happen...but I've seen lots of new releases end up in some special-deal sales very quickly lately. And since ABL amounts to a "B" title in the Pixar canon, I'm going to be patient, too.

I also figure it's a title I might end up finding "used" somewhere soon.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I don't understand Disney's pricing. Over on Amazon, the pre-release price for the Blu Snow White is $26 but ABL is $28. I know ABL is more recent but it's still considered a catalog title isn't it? I thought SW was considered one of the crown jewels of the Disney canon.

Maybe I'm just too old and remember SW better than many contemporary parents. I would think if a parent was looking for a title for the kids, the legendary status of SW would make it a more urgent purchase than ABL. Now if the parent is looking for something for himself/herself, you buy both (if they priced it reasonably)
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Go figure.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
It's starting to look like the movie cash might be a Best Buy exclusive I guess. If so, I apologize for spreading misinfo. Look for a sticker on the sleeve (under the shrinkwrap) shaped like a ticket to confirm.

As far as the hassle of it, it looks like it will work for me at a quality theater I like and it took all of 2 or 3 minutes to print out. :emoji_thumbsup:

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
The movie cash is not a Best Buy exclusive, since I got my copy at Fry's.
Also, the movie cash is good at pretty much every Regal owned theater that can even show Up here in Portland, OR.

On a "glitch-related note," is anyone else having issues with the image getting pixelated, just for a second at the beginning when Flick is running to drop of his seeds at the rock? I have noticed it now, and what is funny, when I pause and reserve the Blu-ray and move forward again, it is gone. But it has done this now three times, each only once a day the first time I play that scene. There is no noticeable lock up or slow down and nothing visible on the surface of the disc.

MatS

Screenwriter
19.99 @ TRU right now (though marked 29.99 on the shelf)
self scanner shows the price valid till 6/21

ToEhrIsHuman

Second Unit
Real Name
Craig Ehr

Thanks for this! TRU to his word.
Strange that I see no advertisement to this effect, but I'm not complaining. My TRU had copies with the free 'UP' ticket too. Saw 'UP' 3D yesterday and it was wonderful.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Is there a place online where I can look up the theaters where the movie cash is valid?

Might be time to take my son to his first real movie. . .

LisaDoris

Stunt Coordinator
When I entered the code and my zipcode, the website provided a list of participating theaters.

Mike.B

Stunt Coordinator
For what it's worth, my copy from Amazon did not have movie cash. Little disappointing, but not a huge deal since it's hard to make it to the theater these days with a rambunctious toddler around.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Got to watch this tonight and the presentation was even better than I expected. It looks stunning and the sound was great---trult deserving of the 5/5 score. The special features are also good and well done. So Matt why a 4.5 and not a on the special features?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

Oops. I've read through the thread before, but either forgot about that post or skipped over it. Still a great disc and thanks for the reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks