What's new

HTF "All Thumbs" League (1 Viewer)

JayV

Supporting Actor
Okay, I added the three of you (Adequacity, Beggar and stillfastasleep). Please PM Dave Sabo with your info to be included in the HTF master gamertag compilation database. Feel free to send Friend invites to anyone on the list.

And have fun!

-j

EdR

Second Unit
You can add me now. I'm FreakTornado
I only have MotoGP2 right now. And I'd rate myself as: :star: :star:

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
I'm going to ask a real stupid question, jay, but now that I'm officially an all thumber, what happens? Are people hosting games and sending out invites to the guys on the list?

It'd be nice to know, what times are convenient for people to get together. I tend to game after 9pm pst, which creates problems for the eastern standard time guys who are three hours ahead. It might be nice to get some type of matrix of schedules so we could see who we might be able to hook up with.

Otherwise, I'll just probably input all the "thumb' guys into my friends list and hope for the best.

JayV

Supporting Actor
I'll just probably input all the "thumb" guys into my friends list and hope for the best.
Yeah, it's mainly a way to quickly fill out your Friend's List with like-minded people.

Having said all that, I'd love to be able to set up "Noobie" nights for us in various games, but my connection's u/load is way too slow.

-j

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Yeah, it's mainly a way to quickly fill out your Friend's List with like-minded people.

Having said all that, I'd love to be able to set up "Noobie" nights for us in various games, but my connection's u/load is way too slow.

That's something else to consider, when compiling the database. Who has the better connections. I've tested through the dashboard and through dsl reports and I ring up over 512kbps for upload, which seems to be pretty good. As of yet, I haven't tried hosting, I guess the embaressment of creating a session and nobody showing up has me reluctant to try it out. But, I get a feeling that a lot of people would probably show up just because their own connection doesn't work for hosting.

JayV

Supporting Actor
But, I get a feeling that a lot of people would probably show up just because their own connection doesn't work for hosting.
Plus, my experience has been that the Live experience is usually better when playing with fellow HTF'ers. I say you go for it.
If you want to host games, I'd suggest making a new post called "All Thumbs League RTCW Group Play" or whatever a couple days in advance.
If you find that you like hosting games, we might want to contact Joey "CaptDS9E" Nazzari about adding ATL events to www.digitalcrusade.com. He's been working hard on organizing HTF events and might be open to adding ATL stuff.
-j

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
If anyone wants to host ATL events and wants me to post it at the group play site its no problem at all. Just private message or e-mail me with the info.

or if any of you arent getting invited to games. Let me know as i host pretty much everything. The bigger wolfenstein 16 player games are hosted by someone else so you would have to be on his friends list. The entire problem at the moment is the Friends list is limited to 100 people. At the moment i have 94 people on it. So if you want to get in let me know so i can add you on before a event

capt

Robert C.S.

Auditioning
I'd love to join in on a HTF RtCW night. :D
My download is ~6000 kbps, but my upload is ~100 kbps so no hosting for me.

Keith Frederick

Stunt Coordinator
Alright, TV being in reruns allows me to finally get back to gaming. Sign me up.

GamerTag: Kfredericks
RTCW:**
NFL2K3:***
NBA2K3:*
UC:**

128kbs upload
Hopefully soon will be 256kbs

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Speaking of "all thumbs", just played my first online games of Unreal Championship. I can't kill anyone. Is there some special trick to being about to aim? Do I need to turn down the sensitivity or something? I am terrible! I can't even kill the computer players in single player mode. Is it just practice makes perfect? I'm so frustrated I don't even know if want to play the stupid game anymore.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey, jake we should get together, I've got trouble hitting those damn mexican jumping beans myself. Settle down and quit jumping around so I can draw a bead. I like using a spread weapon like the chain gun. I'll give you one tip, because I suck at games like this. Don't aim! Keep the cursor centered and then just move your guy around and if something lines up squeeze the fire button.

Jay, I wonder if you could update me, please. Add the following at one star. There's nothing lower than a 1 rating, right?

Mechassault
Return to Castle Wolfenstein

JayV

Supporting Actor
A note to all ATL members:
I've maxed my Friend's List. As a result, I plan to go through it, weeding out gamertags I haven't seen online.
If I mistakenly remove anyone who is trying to meet up with me, please feel free to send me another invite.
Also, I know that Peter has decent u/l bandwidth. Anyone else? I'd like to arrange for some ATL games. Peter, can you fire up RTCW and see find out your recommended hosting size?
Other stuff
Keith, you've been added and, Peter, your entry has been edited.
Peter and Jake, you might want to give Ghost Recon a rent. It's close to one-shot-one-kill and you have time to outthink your opponent(s) -- so it doesn't always come down to who has the quickest twitch.
-j

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Jay, it'd help if I knew what I was looking for. I'm both an online noob and a RTCW noob. The manual states that unless you're running a dedicated server(whatever that means) you shouldn't be hosting 9 or more players.

The max no. of players showing up is 16, but if I'm not running a dedicated server (?)I shouldn't be having more than 8. I don't get it. I'm confused here.

There's some server speed connections bar graph. There's a little grey bar that's towards the right side, not all the way over but definitely right ot center.

Why dont they make things simpler for people to decipher. They should have little blurbs like your isp rocks, or you'd be better off trying to play over a string with two cans attached, which was my former isp. 55kbps upload, I kid you not. And they call that high-speed internet.

JayV

Supporting Actor
if I'm not running a dedicated server (?)I shouldn't be having more than 8.
Sorry it took a while to get back to you.
Okay, when you do "Create a Match", RTCW should tell you something like "Max 8 Recommended." This is the number of people you can host on your connection while playing.
When you use the dedicated server mode, that is all your Xbox does -- so you can't play. Not having your Xbox render a game for you and act as a server allows you to host more people.
So, basically the "8" number means you can play 4-on-4 games when you want to play and host simultaneously.
Dunno about the gray bar. My u/l is so abysmal I never tried to set up my Xbox as a dedicated server.
I'd suggest setting up an 8-player game and see how it goes. If no one complains about lag, you're all set.
Keep in mind that lag can occur at different times for different reasons, so don't give up hope for hosting 4-on-4 until you've tried it a few times.
Make any sense?
And, oh yeah, have you ever gone to the Calgary stampede? Know anyone who has?
-j

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
When I go to create match it just list the missions I can select, then there are three pages I can access to adjust various parameters. I'm not receiving any warning about the number of players I can host.

I'll try hosting over the next few days, once I get more responses to my invites. It looks like we're a lttle short of wolf players in the atl league, so I'll have to expand the list to others. I'll input the guys from joey's RTCW tournament list. Maybe they won't mind teaching the cherries how to survive.

The grey bar is on the third page towards the bottom where it says server speed.

No, I haven't been to the calgary stampede yet. I just recently moved to the west coast from ontario. It's something I'd definitely like to check out.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Jay, I'll be hosting this week a pair of sessions of RTCW for ATL members. I have a separate post on the topic. Hope you can make one of the sessions.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks