What's new

HTF 2004-2005 Fantasy Football League (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I guess I didn't quite grasp your method Brad. :)

Oh well, random is random. The gist of your method works great no matter how you apply it.

To me the key to your draft spot is more in what type of team you will get, not whether you will win or not. A top 3-4 slot basically means you must take a stud RB as your main guy and he will be carrying most of the load. After that you get a medium level QB and maybe a strong WR.

But if you draft later it might mean that you have a stud QB or WR paired with an average RB, or maybe you bail on RBs totally and try to kick butt in the other positions.

You can take Vick, Dante or Peyton before Tomlinson, but most people would think you were an idiot, at least in these more traditional scoring methods.

My other Yahoo league gives points for COMP-INC PASSES (so +50% means positive points, -50% is negative points). A control passer like Manning can and does score big in that league, so I took him with the #3 pick. Last year he was the top scorer in our league and had the biggest margin of point difference to the next best guy in his category.

Plus you only get 1 point per 20 yds rush/rec and 1 point per catch. Not a really RB friendly league, though the studs are still studs thanks to pass catching (LT for example).

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
Wow, lots have changed since I've been here last.
here's my "yes" for the draft order, and I'm assuming I have the #5 pick? I can deal with that. 5 is neither too early or too late, but pretty close to bang on. Maybe I'll pick Ricky Williams with that spot?! :) or anyone from Miami, really... as they are going to WIN IT ALL this year!!

Thanks Guys!

Alex-C

Screenwriter
I am sorry but I am afraid I won't be able to participate in the HTF FFL II, so there is an open spot now on that league.

Kroft Superstars has been deleted.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

Bummer. We'll miss you.

I guess this opens the door for Robert Gaither or Dan Keefe to take over the open spot. I guess I'll PM them.

Brad

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
OK. I'm fed up with sending out PMs and getting no replies.

There is one spot open in League II. The first person to join gets that spot. I don't care if you've played before, posted in this thread, PM'ed me, or think I'm a maniac control freak. SOMEBODY JUST FREAKIN' JOIN ALREADY!

This is actually the result of my combined struggles to get other people to join my money league and come to my poker games. Everyone loves to hear me talk about it, but ask them to put a little money on the line and they act like I'm propositioning them for deviant sex acts. I need more friends that don't have children. :)

Brad

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Hey Brad if it comes down to it I'll take a spot in the league. I'm in HT 1 already but I'm a several team kinda guy (IE unemployed) So if you want me to dominate BOTH leagues :D send me the needed info...

PS what do the deviant sex acts entail? I need money :D

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Post #8 contains the sign-up info. As I said, I don't care who joins.

Would you "Kobe" my neighbor's dog for $10?

Brad

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Will the dog press charges?...

OK I'm in as "Built For Last" I hope I haven't violated any unspoken rules by joining both leagues. I will do my best in both. I'm drafting 8th right?

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
You know Robert finally got back to me on Aug 14th discussing some issues he was having. I was busy at the time and HTF 1 was already filled, but I assume he was also getting Brad's PMs before then so I don't know what happened with him.

Marc, if you don't mind losing in 2 leagues, we don't mind beating the hell out of you. Just in case being unemployed wasn't bumming you out enough. ;)

How nice that "Kobe" has become a verb. I just used it myself the other day. A guy on my softball team fumbled the ball at 2B pretty badly, so I said to the LCF "man, is he Kobe'ing that thing or what". :)

Okay, just an HTF-based HEADS UP on the WED NIGHT DRAFT for HTF 1. Be there or be square (or screwed based on previous CPU controlled drafting I've seen). :)

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
aaaggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Man O man I pm'd, wrote emails to yahoo, and looked at their faq's and couldn't log in. Wait til next year....

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Sorry about that Robert.

Okay, HTF 1 draft over. Let the smack begin (or continue based on the chat during the draft).

Lee Suggs 1500 yds this year, I can feel it. ;)

Marc Bax

Second Unit
Draft went pretty well for me I think. I wanted to pick up Lee Suggs as my backup but you grabbed him before I could. Now I have to pray that my main 3 RB's stay healthy or face the prospect of using Tatum Bell or freakin Anthony Thomas *shudders*... On a weird side note as I was typing this I just got an e-mail offering a trade in my other Yahoo league that I drafted already. The guys offering me P. Price, J. Rice & guess who... yep L. Suggs for just J. Horn what a deal. I half feel like telling him to keep Rice but why not I'll take him. Thats gotta be the best trade ever.

P.S. Just thought I'd note that yes I'm in the Yahoo max 4 leagues (my brothers, my friends and both HTF leagues) don't think that I won't try my best to win every one though. I just have alot of free time and love fantasy football. Plus having 4 teams gives me a better chance of winning something lol. Just thought I'd explain so you don't think I'll be some lame duck owner.

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
My draft started out strong but got ugly real fast. I'm happy with my top position guys but I was really reaching and hoping for the best with the backup slots. Let's see, I need Eddie George to remember his age and retire so my boy JJ can run wild in big D, Marcus Robinson to quit being a baby and play, Stephen Davis to pull up lame so DeShaun can go nuts, and Keenan McCardell to get his butt traded. If all that happens I'll be sitting pretty! (Yeah, right)

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
The League II draft is complete. I think there were a few autodrafters, but there were enough other guys there in person to steal all of my picks.

Somehow the Yahoo! site introduced a random draft order instead of the order that we had predetermined and that I had entered. This must have been some screwup on my part, but I don't know what I might have done. It took me from the 2nd pick to the 10th, so believe me that I feel the pain as strongly as anyone here.

The opening day lineup for this year's championship team is as follows:

QB: Peyton Manning, Jake Plummer
RB: Fred Taylor, Chris Brown, Michael Bennett, Julius Jones
WR: Darrell Jackson, Jerry Porter, Brandon Lloyd, Rod Gardner, Ashley Lelie, Robert Ferguson
TE: Dallas Clark
K: John Carney
D: Dallas

Yeah, I'm not crazy about it, but I've seen worse. :)

Brad

Frank Grimes

Second Unit
Absolute bullshit. I was really looking forward to this league, and I just couldn't get into the room (tried for two hours). On IE, it kept saying I wasn't in the league (and I was reminded of why I don't use IE with a disturbing number of popups), and Firefox had problems loading it in general. After looking at my team, the only pick I am happy with is Davis in the 2nd round. Especially pathetic was the fact that I would have preferred EVERY single player selected in the 3rd round after Yahoo decided to give me McNabb.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Let me first apologize for holding up the draft by using the full 90 seconds for two of my picks. :rolleyes

I'm not pleased with any of my running backs, but we'll see how things pan out. Week 1 does concern me, but I might be okay if Trent Green throws to Kennison instead of handing off to Holmes all day.

Right.

What happened to the draft order, genius Brad? :)

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Brad, too bad about your leagues draft order getting whacked. Jeez, 1st your spreadsheet mishap in your money league and now this. ;) Seth, looks like you'll be running away with the HTF commish of the year honors. :D

BTW Brad, I had a buddy call me at the last minute saying they needed an extra in their $ league, so it looks like I'll get to join one after all. Thanks for the invite to yours and hopefully next year it will work out. :) How'd your poker game go afterwards?

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

That's cool. Sorry you had to come up here for nothing (and I didn't even have time to chat and show you the future home theater room or the hidden closet full of DVDs or anything). Poker went like this - I lost, I lost more, I lost more, then I won enough to put me down $20 for the night. That's a standard strategy for me it would seem. You busy next Monday night? We're thinking of having another poker playing / MNF watching opportunity.

Brad

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I thought that the draft went well. Only an hour to finish the whole thing was great.

I'm pretty happy with my team although my WRs are iffy. McCardell ending his holdout would help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks