What's new

HTD Speakers (1 Viewer)

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
Anybody own HTD level 3 5.1 system?

Will be disapointed switching from JBL 4312, 4410's control/studio monitors?

Might sell all this "component" stuff (Adcom 555, 7000, 550 pre., 3 aural exciters, 2 4410's, 2 4312's, 2 DCM 07, 2 RS subs) and get a dang good reciever and a package speaker system. New house is hard to set up for this much junk.

Whadda think?

Meaux

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I have the Level 3 Y combo. Their towers are beasts. Huge bang for the buck. That being said, I have no idea how they would compete with monitors like yours.

The review the HTD setup got on Secrets of HT and Hi-Fi would lead me to think that they would compete well.

Same for the L3 bookshelves.

Their center channel is good. It's a good value but it's not "fireworks good" like the towers.

Their sub is not in the same league as HSU, Velodyne, SVS, etc. It's adaquete for a small room unless you want the lowest of the lows, then I would say look elsewhere.

If I had it to do over I would have gotten the Z combo (four towers, center channel) but skipped the sub.

As far as components, it seems to me after doing a lot of reading here and elsewhere that separates are still the best way to go. My ultimate plan is to have my receiver doing pre/pro duty only in favor of external amps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks