HTD levle II or other package, and get the HTD sub or go with something else @$550

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles J P, Dec 3, 2001.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    My brother just got a Yamaha HTR-5450 receiver, and has a Toshiba SD-2300 DVD player. Now he needs a 5.1 speaker package in the $550 range. He has been thinking about JBL, Energy and HTD packages. He cannot listen to any of them locally and really wants to order online to maximaze the bang for the buck. We orginally thought he should go with the level IIs and the level II sub (seems like best quality drivers/enclosures/etc.). Our question is, should he just get the whole Level II package, or get a different sub, or go with something else completely.

2. Trey Jones

Trey Jones Stunt Coordinator

I have not heard the Home Theater Direct level II's, but have heard the Level III's. They are very nice. Also you will want to check out the AXIOM's specifically the Millennia MZero Ti to the Millennia M3ti. The can be found here.

3. TuPham

TuPham Auditioning

I also have not heard the Level 2 but I have Level 3 towers and Level 3 bookshelves.My choice would get the Sony SAWM 40 subwoofer instead of the one made by HTD.I have one and it is the best sub for under $300.

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    ^

^

^

^