What's new

HTD Level 4's arrived! (1 Viewer)

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Well, I received my level 4 Y black combo yesterday, installed, and have run it through some paces. UTTERLY BEYOND WORDS IN AMAZING!

They are connected to an HK 630 and everything is thrown to large. The sub is around 80 on crossover which I find, thus far, to be quite sufficient. I'd say have the level turned about 30 percent up on the sub. This is all in a 20 by 12 rectangle.

The sound is perfect. Seriously. With HK's Logic 7 for my music thrown on, I literally was moved to tears with some of my music as it was brought to life in three dimensions. I can't imagine, if this really sounds this good, how SACD and DVD-A can sound even better! That's beyond my comprehension as I am already blown away beyond words.

The black piano finish on the Level 4's is stunning. HTD's customer service has been stellar from the first second on. Patience from answering a million questions on, there was no task too big or too small.

Because of the 4th of July weekend, the speakers were stuck in a UPS warehouse for three days. They were on the road a total of a week because of this. Guess what? Didn't matter! These speakers were packaged like Fort Knox! Heck, they were even CLEAN when I unpackaged them!

In person, they look very nice. The Level 4's really have a nice aesthetic attention that was paid to them with design, aesthetics, and that drop dead piano finish. Amazingly enough, while I won't win home decorator of the year award, especially with the bookshelves in the rear, even my mom and sister had to give the thumbs up on that black piano finish. It passed!

The bookshelves are kind of bulky, but I have room for them and they aren't "ugly" like I may have thought earlier. The towers, especially, have some really nice curves and lines on them, as do the bookshelves. The entire setup looks and sounds AMAZING!

Just about every brand mentioned in AVS is one that you probably couldn't go wrong with, but now I can personally vouch for HTD, and I'd be happy to field any questions about them. I honestly can't comprehend any of it being better than this.

Funny aside: I took delivery of the setup two days ago from this writing.
Last night, for some unknown reason...an extra set of level 4 towers suddenly showed up! Now, needless to say, here was a situation that, if I were less scrupulous, I could have taken advantage of, but I promptly had UPS get those out of here and contacted HTD immediately.

Shipping department or someone made a very expensive boo-boo that could have cost them with other kinds of customers. Yes, I was tempted for a few seconds, especially with my sister drooling over my shoulder.

LOL, talk about customer perks! Imagine that as a bonus gift! Heh.

Anyways, I am walking on clouds today!

I have tested them with music and movies already. Thanks to HK's auto calibration, I find that I am pretty much satisfied already with the settings. I put in Paycheck DVD last night, watched it, and was simply blown away with how immersive the Dolby track was. I was IN the movie. Simple as that. I could tell where characters were in the room at any given time and every level of sound was crisp and distinct.

Music or movies, I have yet to hear a situation where highs, midrange, or lows are either being compromised or overdominating the other. It really is pretty close to perfect as far as I am concerned.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Congrats, Eric. I'll let you know how my Level IV bookshelves fair when I get the stands Monday from HTD. Not a fair listening test without the proper height. Phonebook stacking just won't do :) Burl walnut in person look simply amazing. I might start liking the Onix Refs' Birdseye Maple now :) Both AV123 and HTD's pics don't do these speakers enough justice :frowning:

Micah Wells

Agent
That is great Eric. I can't wait until I order the level three's. Which sub did you end up with? If I remember, you were looking at the level two or three, correct?

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
Nhan and I are tagging both here and on AVS! LOL! I am Q of BanditZ over at AVS.

The Level 2 sub is what I went with and I find it to be QUITE good. Anything more would be supremely overdone for me.

Micah, you will be very happy with your purchase. I can gurantee you that.

I'll get some pics up hopefully by tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks