What's new

HTD Level 3 Sub (1 Viewer)

Michael Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pair of HTD Level 3 Main speakers that I really like and I am considering buying their 12" matching sub (newer version) .
Does anyone have one that can give me feedback? Would I be better off with the Sony SA-WM40?
In comparing the specs, the Sony website lists thePower Output, one channel, 8 (, 20 -- 200 Hz, 0.8% THD 120 watts. I find it hard to believe that the Sony can really output down to 20hz. Has anyone measured it?
HTD lists their sub with a frequency response of 30 Hz - 250 Hz and a 150 watts RMS, 270 watts peak amp.
Which one would you go with?
Thanks,
Michael
------------------

Julian Data

Second Unit
I measured the Sony sub as well as Jack. It's pretty much a 30-35Hz Sub as it rolls off after that.
------------------

JoelW

Stunt Coordinator
Well, their old sub didn't impress me that much. However, I've been told they have totally redesigned from the ground up and the new sub is going to be impressive.
We are scheduled to get one of these to test when they hit production (probably a week or two) and we will certainly test it directly against the Sony SA-WM40. In the past we've usually recommended to go with the Sony instead of their Level III sub, but we'll hold that decision until after we test their new sub out.
------------------
Joel White
Editor CheapHomeTheater.com

Michael Johnston

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies. I thought the 20hz on the Sony was unlikely. I look forward to the review.
Michael
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks