HTB504 with VR509 at MJShow.com??

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brian Sokol, Jan 31, 2002.

1. Brian Sokol

Brian Sokol Extra

I was just about to purchase my first system and decided on the HTB504. I was checking prices and when I checked at MJShow they are offering the same HTB504 package with an upgrade to the VR509 at now cost. The cost is $399. What is the diff. between the 507 and 509? Is this a good deal? Should I take this package with the VR509 or go somewhere else that has the VR 507? I am assuming the 509 is a newer model.
    I would like to place my order today so can someone help out a newbie here.
    thanks[​IMG]

2. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Well, looking at the website etronics.com, the 507 sells for $229 and the 509 sells for $289. I would say that is a very good deal. Go to the website and check out the specs for yourself. FYI: My first HT was a Kenwood HTB 401, two years ago, I still use the receiver, however I have upgraded the fronts to paradigm mini monitors. Those Kenwood HTB's are a great value. I would suggest you take this deal.

3. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor

Brian, Crutchfield's is a good website for making comparisons. I own the VR-507 (actually I own two of them) but I know they've been hard to come by lately (probably the reason why MJShow is packaging the HTB-504 with the 509), although it appears Crutchfield has the 507 in stock.
    Anyway, the biggest differences between the 507 and the 509 are the remote and the fact that the 509 has component video inputs and the 507 doesn't. To get the entire HTB-504 with the VR-509 for $399 is a steal IMO. I say go for it [​IMG] as long as you feel comfortable with the dealer.
    Hope this helps,
    Vin

4. John_E

John_E Stunt Coordinator

I purchased my 509 from MJShow for $287.00 plus $12.99 shipping. I ordered it on a Tuesday and it arrived on Friday. Great service!! Give them a call if you are concerned about ordering online. Get it!!

5. Jason Wolters

Jason Wolters Stunt Coordinator

YOu didn't ask for a review but I bought my 507 there. Great service and the receiver is super. Couldn't be more pleased. IMO it sounds like a good deal but you may never use the extra features of the 509 but if you need a better remote that may make it worth the difference right there. Go for it.

6. Mark Fitzsimmons

Mark Fitzsimmons Supporting Actor

I'd definitly opt for the 509, it offers component video switching, which the 507 doesn't have.

7. MoG

MoG Stunt Coordinator

Does the 509 have high-bandwidth component video inputs and outputs?

Thanks.

8. Brian Sokol

Brian Sokol Extra

I have been using my HTB 504 for awhile now and have two questions:

1) Mine came with the VR509 receiver which says it has component video switching. What is this? How would I use this feature?

2) I just ordered the MX-500 remote. Is there anyway to display a menu on my TV of changes that I make on the 509 with the remote? For example if I switch from Stadium to Jazz Hall mode or switch from DVD to TV or VCR? I would like to program this on the remote but these features are selected by repeatedly pressing the same button. I am afraid I would not be able to see if I made the right selection with my remote without looking at the 509 directly.

9. Saurav

Saurav Cinematographer

10. Vin

Vin Supporting Actor