What's new

HTB Questions... Please give me a few suggestions (1 Viewer)

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Ok, I have a friend that is looking into the Home Theater in a Box route. He doesn't want to spend much more than $500, so I can't persuade him to do a better system.
I reccomended a Kenwood HTB-503 to another buddy, and he thinks it's the best system in the world
wink.gif
Lol...
Anyways, I am torn between reccomending a few different systems. So, I came to the forum for some help.
Sears has a Denon HTB on clearance for $499. I have a Denon 3801, which I love. However, I know absolutly nothing on their HTBs. I took a listen to it, and was impressed at the system for the price.
Now, exactly what I'm looking for is a suggestion on which of the following you'd suggest.
Kenwood released an HTB-504 (I guess is this year's model of the 503). Would you advise him to get the Denon, the Kenwood HTB-503, or HTB-504.
All suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Thanks
- John
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Vin

Supporting Actor
Does the Denon package come with an entire set up like the Kenwood?
The Kenwood HTB-504 with the VR-507 receiver w/DPL II, 5 speakers and a 100 watt powered sub will be hard, if not impossible to beat at the $500 price point....IMHO.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
The HTB 504 is an excellent deal for the money. I set one up for my neighbor and am always surprised at how good it sounds.

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
The Denon is a whole HTB Package. I don't rememeber the receiver model number, but it is one of their cheaper models. The Denon is just a DD amd DTS receiver with a 5.1 speaker set up. Similar to that of the Kenwood HTB-503. The drivers on Denon's speakers are not paper like Kenwood's. I think the Denon is of far better build quality. The Denon, like I said, is on clearance from $799 to $499.
I'm not to familiar with the Kenwood HTB-504. Does is it feature Prologic II? Hmm, now that I think of it if I remember right Pioneer DVD players don't output the PCM stream correctly to have a receiver with PLII to automatcially pick it up. So, PLII isn't the biggest deal to me.
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks