HTB question?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by keith_d, Dec 10, 2001.

1. keith_d

keith_d Auditioning

Yeah, I know that HTB setups are definately not the creme-de-creme, but I am strapped for cash, as I am saving up for a nice trip, so I just wanted a good HT setup for my room. What would be some of the better brands, as I already have a niec DVD player in my room. Thanks for the help.

2. Albert M

Albert M Stunt Coordinator

Kenwood HTB-504. Go to www.mjshow.com and print out the price, take it to Sears and they should price match it.

3. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I second the Kenwood HTB system... great reciever, good system, great value... [​IMG]

4. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    If you already have a DVD then an HTB is kind of a waste, since a stand alone DVD player will likely be better than the one in most HTBs.
    Check out www.HiFi.com for package deals that include a receiver and speakers, but no DVD, in various price ranges.

5. Ashok

Ashok Agent

The Kenwood HTB-504 does not have DVD - the 504DV is the version with the DVD player. Although everyone agrees that the Kenwood model is great, I have also heard a few good things about some of the RCA systems. However, I would definitely suggest going with the Kenwood as well.