1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

HTB-544 Speaker Stands?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Curtis H., Feb 13, 2002.

1. Curtis H.

Curtis H. Auditioning

Being I purchased the Kenwood HTB-544 system, I'm going to need to get some speaker stands to get things up to ear level.

I found this on a site that sells stands. Is it accurate?

"Rigid metal construction is extremely important. Wood stands look good, but perform poorly. Wood tends to store energy, while metal gets rid of it, for cleaner sound."

Any comments or suggestions? Particular Brands?

Thanks in advance!

Curtis H.

Newbie HT Owner

2. Mcarmona

Mcarmona Auditioning

Curtis,

pretty much a newbie myself, and I just bought some speaker stands for my fronts at electroshops.com I bought the Sanus NF24's in cherry for $90.00 including shipping.

3. Mcarmona

Mcarmona Auditioning

Curtis,

pretty much a newbie myself, and I just bought some speaker stands for my fronts at electroshops.com I bought the Sanus NF24's in cherry for $90.00 including shipping.

4. Curtis H.

Curtis H. Auditioning

Thanks Mcarmona! Anybody else?

5. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i bought some wood stands from circuit city for about 40 bucks. i think they work great.

it was the best tweak i've done for my system. for me, the best benefit was to get the speakers off the floor and up to the height of my ears. they sound much better now.

i really don't know if purchasing metal vs. wood makes that much of a difference, but i'm not sure.

in any case, the wood works fine for me.

6. Jerry Wright

Jerry Wright Agent

Curtis,

I have four Pinnacle Gold Mini Monitors as mains and surrounds. I purchased two pair of Sanus 31" matt black pressed wood construction stands at Best Buy for $69.99/pair. These are working great for me, good height and good price. The question of resonance often comes up. With these stands comes four plastic pointed isolator pegs for the base of each stand, meant for carpeted floors. I didnt use them. Instead I mounted each speaker to each stand with double stick foam tape, doubling the thickness sticking two strips together, then cutting out the squares for each corner of the top of the stand and blackening the edges with a black marker. Presto! No resonance! And yes, they can be removed later with a thin blade knife as I did with my old one way pioneers. Best wishes

7. Jerry Wright

Jerry Wright Agent

Sorry all for the gigantic reply to Curtis. As you can see, I'm a first timer. Don't know what I did to end up like that. Bigger isn't always better.

8. Curtis H.

Curtis H. Auditioning

I found your information helpful Jerry as with the other members. The more opinions and comments the better. And there is nothing wrong with detailed replies in my book. [​IMG]

9. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

jerry -
    your post was miniscule compared to some that i've written and some that i've read. [​IMG]

10. Jason Lovely

Jason Lovely Stunt Coordinator

Are there any stands that are four or five feet tall? My center speaker would be about that far off the ground if I put it on the shelf above my TV, and I was told all three front speakers should be at the same level. Is this necessary?