HTB-544 for 15' by 15' room?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Lovely, Feb 19, 2002.

1. Jason Lovely

Jason Lovely Stunt Coordinator

Would an HTB-544 system be good for a 15' by 15' living room? I'm in an apartment, and the living room is open to the kitchen and dining area. My couch is in the middle of the living room, so it's about 5' away from the back wall and about 5' away from the TV. The surrounds would have to be put in the corners of the back wall, about 5' above the couch. Should these face at an angle toward the couch? Please advise. I was initially looking at separate components, but I've been hearing really good things about this system, and the price sounds really nice. [​IMG]

2. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

My 504 is in my living room to.20'by 12'with 10 ft.ceilings.Two entry's.They should face you.If you can, bring them down to your level.Some like them up higher even when they do have a choice.If you can spring for a better sub it will serve you very well.Whoops your in a Apt..Wait on the sub.The one it comes with will do just fine.

3. Jason Lovely

Jason Lovely Stunt Coordinator

When you say the surrounds should face me, do you mean they should simply be angled toward me from the back wall? Also, are you saying it should be ok for them to be behind me as long as I don't have them in the corners of the ceiling? The only way I could bring them lower would be to place them in the middle of the back wall facing directly toward the other side of the room (facing the back of the couch).

4. steve nn

steve nn Cinematographer

Jason I would angle them down your way.It might not be perfect but most set-ups are not.We have a better half who does not see things as we do.I have herd some good things about speakers behind of listening area.I have herd of hanging them from ceiling.Are stands out of the question.I use a end table and a buffet table.Yes I'm first rate all the way.Sounds good though.