What's new

HT Wiring Question (1 Viewer)

I am almost fininshing my home theater which is 16x24. I have the infocus 4805 and will be mounting that to the ceiling. My question is, should I just run component cables to the 4805 through PVC pipe or should I invest in DVI or HDMI cables. At this time I have a HD cable box with component out and my dvd player has component out. I'm leaning to HDMI but not sure if it is what I need.
Thanks

Craig W

Second Unit
David,

If you have access to the entry and the exit of PVC after construction is completed, then no I would not buy these cables right now. Otherwise, I would go the HDMI route now since it will/may be the standard in a short time. Many newer PJs are only going to offer HDMI and DVI is on the way out.

You can find some decent cable at reasonable prices from vendors like BlueJeanscable.com and ramelectronics.net.

Avoid the grossly overpriced short Monster HDMI and DVI cables.

Paul-D

Stunt Coordinator
I agree completely with Craig. If you'll have access to run the cable later, do it then. If you are going to button everything up and it may be difficult to run the cable, do it now. I live in a condo and installing my projector was a one-time deal, I wish now I would have installed HDMI cable at the time. Now I'll have to wait till I move to a house.
Good luck and keep us updated

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
If you are installing cables and the conduit now, don't run any cables in the conduit. Since the conduit is for future use (like HDMI) save all the room in it for the future. If you installed the conduit some time ago and are going to finally use it, I would pull both component and HDMI now as it is easier to do the work once.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks