What's new

HT wire Connections (1 Viewer)

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Getting really close to having to wire the HT and other new rooms. Was wondering where a good site would be to check out wall plates and stuff...other then Parts express. I'm doing 7.1 in the HT...Lowes had a pre-made 5.1...but Ive seen in some pics on here...folks with Plates holding a zillion connections. Any help much aprreciated.

Thomas

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Thomas,

Speaking as a former installer – IMO one of the hallmarks of a first-class installation is “no visible wiring.” If your installation is done right, the wiring comes out of the wall right behind the equipment rack, and right behind the speakers on the other end. In other words, no one is going to see your termination panels, so what’s the point?

Keep in mind also, in you have termination panels at each end you’ve tripled the number of speaker connections for each run.

It’s always best to do speaker wiring straight-through whenever possible. If needed, a good way to get a finished look at the speaker end is to bring the wire directly out of the wall (or through an electrical box) and through a blank cover with an appropriately sized hole drilled in it.

As far as other places to get termination panels, if you want to go that route, try MCM Electronics, Joseph Electronics, or Smarthome.com

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Thomas_A

Second Unit
Wayne...thanks for the Input. What I'm really looking for is a pannel for right behind the the Audio rack for speaker connections. I realize no body will see em...but me. As far as the wires at the speakers end...those will be right out of the wall directly too the speakers. I'm using single holed cable plates just too keep it clean and attatch too the in-wall box. My 12g wire fits just perfect throught this hole!.

http://www.supercellaudio.com/pages/4/index.htm

Something like these......first couple items pictured

Thanx. Thomas.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks