What's new

HT update (1 Viewer)

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Hey all,

Almost finished with my HT and took a few pictures, they are at the bottom of the page.

I added the materiel to the walls, and black velvet to the entire bumpout wall behind the screen. I need to finish putting up the crown molding and put some materiel (or paint) on the door, but thats about it!

Almost done, finally :)

Click here !!!

Still thinking about a name...

How does: The Retreat sound

sean_pecor

Stunt Coordinator
Yes! That's a very nice home theater setup. You did a fantastic job and thanks for providing the photos!

Sean.

Erik Farstad

Supporting Actor
Nice work David! :emoji_thumbsup: I'll come over for a RETREAT! :D Can't wait to see the crown and finishing touches...oh how it adds to the room...you'll see! Way to go buddy!

E

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the kind words :)

Will prolly finish up this long weekend, cant wait for it to be completed so I can do some golfing!!!

Don Marsh

Grip
I would think that the first thing you do when completing the HT would be watching some DVDs! ;) Anyway, it looks very nice. I can see one spending many many quality hours in there. I especially like your built in equipment and DVD racks.

Very nice HT.

Question for you - how did you make your "material wall". I am thinking of doing something similar, but I am having a hard time planning the seams around the corner of the screen.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Sean,

It started out as a double picture window, I applied glaze to the inside of the windows so you couldnt see in them, then I framed it in, added the drywall, taped and floated it. Then, I bought the velvet, stapled it to one side of the wall and stretched it across and again stapled to the other side. I did this for the top and bottom of the wall. For the sides I just used smaller pieces with the same process. Keep in mind that the screen and frame was already mounted to the wall so I had to work around it, turned out pretty good I think.

Was this what you were looking for?

Was this what you were looking for?
Kind of, but I am curious if your fabric seams are visible/noticeable. From what I can gather, you just overlaped the velvet so that you have one strip on top of another for an inch or so betweem top/middle and middle/bottom?

I have a two year old, and I am not sure this would survive in my house.

Thanks.

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Sean,

The seams are visible only if you are close. You are correct in that they (layers) overlap each other. But due to the material, it is hard to tell unless you are 3-4 feet away from the screen wall. With small ones, I would recommend some type of bonding agent between the overlap, possibly stitchwhich, velcro, superglue, or even fabric glue.

Dave

T r o y

Supporting Actor
DavidVT,

Could you list your equipment hardware? Would like to know what all you have. Very nice indeed!:emoji_thumbsup:

I know how ya feel about getting it finished and all. I just completed mine back in March. Talk about proud of something being completed.. now that's it! A dedicated HT room doesn't get any better than that!

Peace!

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Troy,

Here ya go!

Pioneer 45TX Receiver
Pioneer 45a DVD/SACD/DVD-A
Klipsch RF3 Mains
Klipsch RF3 Center
Klipsch RF3II for side and rear surrounds
Definitive Technology PF15TL+ Subwoofer
Monster Power Conditioner
Sanyo 5 Disk DVD for SVCDs
Sony X-Box
Sanyo PLV-Z1 Front Projector
DIY 4' X 8' screen

Plus, I have an alarm system and a big a$$ Rottweiler

Think that about covers it :)

BTW, Love your HT and your a Klipsch man.... two big thumbs up!!!!!

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Very very nice! :emoji_thumbsup: Hopefully my new HT rom will be finished in another week or two. It's nowhere near this elaborate, but it's gonna be great. :)

DavidVT

Stunt Coordinator
Clinton,

Thanks for the nice comments. My theater is not elaborate compared to some that I have seen, not by far. But then again, I did not have 50-100 grand to do it which is what some of these theaters cost!!!!!

DIY and save a bundle :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks