HT under constuction.....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jason Reich, Aug 22, 2002.

1. Jason Reich

Jason Reich Stunt Coordinator

I am in the process of building my HT. I am running all my wire in-wall. The problem I have is though I know the receiver I am getting and I already have my DVD player and VCR, I will not be able to purchase my receiver until the room is finished. I am getting a Marantz 5200, I will be running a s-vhs VCR, a DVD player, a digital cable box, and my gamecube through it. I need to install the wall plates for the video before I get my 5200- so my question is- if I have all my components hooked through the 5200 what plates should I put behind the set. My TV is a Sony 48inch RPTV it have 3 s-video, 2 component, and 2 compisite inputs- Should I just instal 1-component, 1-composite, and an s-video? seeing is I will use the 5200 to switch video divices, I should not need more than that right? I need to do this right the first time, once the drywall goes up I have no chance to change it. Thanks in advance

2. JoeyT

JoeyT Stunt Coordinator

Should be sufficient, but when in doubt always run more than you think you will need. Running wire through walls after the fact can be a royal pain[​IMG]