1. Visit this thread for your chance to win a selection of Lionsgate action films on UV!
    Dismiss Notice

HT under $400 recomindation ?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Waleed, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Waleed

Waleed Auditioning

Can you recomend me a cheap home theater system under $400
    I have choices between pioneer, sony, samsung, panasonic.
    please don't blame me for the demand, as it is for my brother not me, and he want complete home theater under $400
    I apreciate any opinions.
    Thanks..

2. John S

John S Producer

I looked at each offering from each manufacture listed and did not see anything I liked.

Look for deals on Yamaha or Onkyo HTIB's and at least try to talk him out of having the DVD player integrated. This always sort of backfires on people with these things.

Both Yamaha and Onkyo sell HTIB's that are really just individual components bundled together, these are clearly the better choice.

best of luck

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Hi there, and welcome to Home Theater Forum.

Please reread the red typeface atop the thread-listing page in the Basics area, particularly the last sentence. For specific purchasing advice, please post in the appropriate hardware-related area (and posts about HTiBs go into the A/V Sources area for now). Thank you.

4. DaveD'

DaveD' Stunt Coordinator

This past xmas I bought the Onkyo HT-S780(7.1 system) for my mom. It was $350 refurbished off their site. It sounds very nice.