What's new

HT Subwoofer Questions and Recomendations (1 Viewer)

Jake_Stud

Auditioning
Hey, Sorry i'm sure this is a very routine post...
This is my first post here, but I've been into car audio for a few years now. I'm in the market for a HT subwoofer to pick up the low end where my Klipsch tower speakers (2 6.5" drivers in each) drop off. I've done a little bit of research on this forum and website and I think a powered subwoofer would be the easiest. I have bass heavy tastes, and i'd like the sub to be able to play music well. My price range is probably around 600 dollars new or used. I've gathered that this forum likes SVS sub systems. I looked at there website briefly and can only see a 12" woofer is that the biggest they make? I also would be interested in the T/S parameters of the drivers, are these available? Anyway, i'm sure this forum is more knowledgable than me, so what would you guys suggest? The sub will in a 12x16x14 room. If any other information is needed let me know. Thanks so much!
-Jake

ColinM

Senior HTF Member
If you have Woofer Tester form Parts Express, I have an SVS driver you can measure.

I'm in the twin cities - What St Paul is that?

Try the Shiva page at Adire Audio...

Jake_Stud

Auditioning
Yeah, Its the twin cities. I go to school up here at St. Thomas, but unfortunately no woofer tester though I might be able to get my hands on one. Shiva??? I've heard of people doing a HT setup with them, though If going that route I'd probably use the Tempest's (from adire). I'm mainly interested in buying a powered sub right now unless the performance level isn't up to par. For the money would I be better off getting 1 or 2 low Fs, high Xmax, medium priced drivers, building a large vented box tuned low, powered off a plate amp from parts express ($500) or a 5/600 dollar powered subwoofer?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks