HT stores in NYC/Newark area

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Arthur Legardo, Jun 14, 2003.

1. Arthur Legardo

Arthur Legardo Second Unit

Sorry Mods, I'm not sure where this thread belongs, but...

Can any HTF members in this area point me to any good HT stores in the NYC/Newark area?

It's my first time in the Big Apple.

TIA

2. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

Here's a thread from last year with a lot of good suggestions. (I have no idea why it's in the Speakers area! [​IMG] )

M.

3. Arthur Legardo

Thanks for the link Michael.

Tell me though, you live in NYC, what am I looking at in terms of parking at or near one of these stores? Should I even bother? Take a cab? Bus?

4. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I'm probably the wrong person to ask, because I haven't had a car in NYC in over 20 years. You may get lucky and get a parking space on the street, but you're more likely to find yourself in a parking garage with prices that are generally regarded as on the high side. (I can't quote examples; haven't paid attention for years.)

The subway is still the fastest way to get around Manhattan, if you're already here. Buses are OK, depending on traffic; ditto with cabs, though they're obviously more expensive.

If you're driving in from outside the city, then I'm not sure what to recommend. You might want to ask for some guidance in After Hours.

M.

5. sonny_b

sonny_b Agent

If you are coming from Newark, since you said that in your post, you can take the PATH to NYC. Depending what stores you go to it'll get you in the right vicinity, but it'll be in walking distance. Best thing to do is get a PATH (Port Authority Trans Hudson) and go to www.mta.info and plan you're trip around the PATH and subway stops. If the stores are too out of the way get out at the closest stop and take a cab. Parking in the city is around $20-30 for the day. If you need to know specifics let me know.

-sonny

6. Arthur Legardo

[​IMG]

$20 to $30 for parking!