1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Ht Speakers

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by bryan A, Jul 21, 2004.

1. bryan A

bryan A Agent

I need some help with speakers for my ht setup. I currently own:
    paradigm cc170 center
    paradigm titan fronts
    paradigm atoms surrounds
    velodyne cht 10

My question is that I am looking to upgrade my whole speaker setup I would like to stick with paradigm but since I use my speakers for mainly for movies %95 music %5, would floor standing speakers be a waste of money? I am currently looking at eventually upgrading to the studio lines but would this be worth it?

2. Drew_W

Drew_W Screenwriter

If you will be able to raise enough money to replace your L/C/R with Studio series, that will save you more money than going via the Monitor line. The less upgrading you do the better.

And floor standers would absolutely be beneficial. Remember that movies are made up of soundtracks, so even if you're not a critical listener, it'll probably still be beneficial.

3. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

Yeah..not sure what your budget is but if you were able to move up to the Studio line that would be VERY good.

I would look into going with Studio 20's and the CC-470 for the front sound stage. You could use your Atoms for surrounds if your tight on money and you wouldn't notice too much of a difference for HT use. I would look into SVS for your sub choice as well.

If I had the choice and budget to go with all Paradigm I would do Studio 20's all the way around with the 470 center channel along with an SVS sub. That would be a rocking system with a decent budget.

4. bryan A

bryan A Agent

Thank you for the advice I do have a tight budget so I am looking to upgrade slowly, the local paradigm dealer has a 1 year upgrade on speakers so I will have to take the slow route. First I will upgrade my center for now to the cc 370 then the mini monitors for the fronts. Eventually I will get the studio 20's. I do have one question how much better do the studio 20's sound vs the monitor 7's? I did not have a chance to audition the studio speakers but I did hear the monitor 7's

5. DavidCooper

DavidCooper Stunt Coordinator

The Mini monitor / CC-370 is a great choice. I used to have that exact set up before my last upgrade and I really liked the performance they put out.

As far as the difference between the 7's and the 20's it's pretty big to me. The 20's image MUCH better and have just a cleaner sound to them. They also put up a wider sound stage.

For HT use you won't really hear much difference between the 7's and the Mini-monitors...so if your on a budget stick with the Minis and then when your ready just jump to the Studio line if that's what your leaning towards......or if your like me....bypass the paradigms alltogether and move to Swans!!! [​IMG]