What's new

HT setup (1 Viewer)

Joe DC

Agent
Please help me with my current HT. I am using a Marantz SR8200 to run a 5.2 setup. In the future, I would like to add a 3rd sub. Would I run the 3rd sub the same way I am running signal to my second sub (by using a y connect)?? But, would there be any degradation in signal in the 3rd sub, or in all subs? If so, then this would be noticeable correct? (ie. decreased bass response and output?).
If there is only one sub out from my receiver, would the 3 subs overload it? All subs are powered by its own built-in amp. Also, is there any way to boost the sub signal from the receiver if there is a loss in signal? I'm currently using 2 Energy S10.2s.
Last question. I'm also planning to add 2 rear surround speakers in the future. My Marantz provides 6.1 channels. If I buy two 8ohm speakers for the rear and wire them in series, then bridge them to the last channel of the receiver, would I be getting 6.2 surround with my current HT setup??? I ask this knowing that each rear surround will not get the same amount of watts as my other speakers, hence, not a true 6.1 surround sound experience.
I know I have many questions but can anyone please help?! I'm not really interested at this time in purchasing a separate amp for my rears. Thanks for any input.

Johnny Ayala

Stunt Coordinator
I was told that you could run multiple subs from the same output without any damage made, but are you planning on just runnung 3 or more? On my system i have 3 running from the output and one running through my speaker terminals. I didnt notice any change in sound from one sub to the other when I ran them from the same output on my receiver. Good Luck
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Welcome to the Forum, Joe!

I'm also planning to add 2 rear surround speakers in the future. My Marantz provides 6.1 channels. If I buy two 8ohm speakers for the rear and wire them in series, then bridge them to the last channel of the receiver, would I be getting 6.2 surround with my current HT setup???
If you run two 8-ohm speakers in series you’ll be sucking your maximum power output down to 1/2. Divide that between the two speakers and the 100 watts you started with is down to a mere 25 per. If you want to use a pair of rear speakers, your best bet is to power them with a separate amp.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks