What's new

HT Room (Bi-Wire) (1 Viewer)

hendricksonET

Stunt Coordinator
This might be the wrong area to ask, but it deals with running some extra wires before my room is finished up so I thought I might ask here.

In the future I might have some main speakers that you can bi-wire. Can I just run some extra speaker wire for each speaker and then when the time comes just hook up the extra wires?

Thanks!

MikeGee

Second Unit
Sorry if its off topic.. but seems like a good time to ask..
What is Bi-wiring, i know my PIoneer 1014 has a setting for that.. is it just doubling up the speaker wire? on two +/- terminals

mylan

Screenwriter
Bi-wiring is more of a tweak for audiophiles listening to stereo. It involves running a seperate amp channel to the bass driver and another to the midrange driver in a tower speaker. This is said to improve sound. For home theater applications this is overkill and more expensive, I.M.O.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
No, that’s bi-amping. Bi-wiring is using a single amp with dual wires going to each speaker.

To answer Hendrickson’s question, if you’re talking about running speaker wire in the wall, you can get four-conductor wire. That would allow you to bi-wire from a single cable.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks