What's new

HT Remote Controls (1 Viewer)

JerryLA

Stunt Coordinator
I'm looking to get a new universal remote for Christmas this year. I have a Denon AVR3300, DVM 3700, Pioneer Elite 510, and Dish 6000 receiver. I have taught one of my remotes now to operate most of the things I need it to do but it is very akward to work with and seems I have to go back and teach it functions about every other month. The macros don't seem to stay in its memory. I've seen several models of HT remotes and wonder what you guys think is the best. Let me re-phrase that, what is the best in the $500 dollar range. I've seen ads in magazines for remotes that cost more than my receiver..... out of my range! What are the opinions of Pronto and Marantz?

As always thanks for any input you may offer. Oh yeah.... Happy Turkey Day!!

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
This has been talked about often here. It comes down to one thing really. Do you want a touchsreen or hard button remote? If you do a search, youll find a recent thread on this. I personally prefer the hard button and LOVE the HTM MX500 remote for alot less than 5 bills...

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I also prefer hard button remotes and agree with the above poster. But, if you fancy a touch screen, then the Pronto TSU2000 is consider top of the list by a lot of people here. The new color one will be out of your price range though I believe.

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
JerryLA,
Do a search on the HW forum for pronto (151 hits) or HTM (20 hits).
You'll find lots of reading material. ;)

GregoriusM

Second Unit
You might want to wait until first quarter of next year for the Marantz RC-5200, which is similar to the Pronto TSU2000 only with more hard buttons and a joystick.
Also, if you like hard buttons, the MX-500 mentioned above SRP $189.95, or the new MX-700 from Home Theater Master is the basically the MX-500 with a SideKick remote for the bedroom and PC programmability. SRP $499.95.
See some info on the RC-5200 here.
See info on the MX-500 here.
See info on the MX-700 here.
... Greg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks