HT receivers with multiple 5.1 RCA audio inputs

pjsuarez

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Suarez
Are there any receivers with more than one set of 5.1 RCA audio inputs?

Thanks,

Pat

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Any reason you're looking for multiple 5.1 analog inputs? I imagine you are looking to connect both an SACD player and a new HD player? Have you considered using HDMI for one of the players?

Off the top of my head I know the Denon AVR-5805 has both 9.1 inputs and 5.1 inputs. But this receiver retails for $7,000. I'll keep searching.

pjsuarez

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Suarez
I have a Toshiba HD DVD player and want to add a Sony Blu Ray player. The uncompressed audio flows through the 5.1 output ports in both. The impending LG hybrid player does not support HD DVD's in-movie features.

pjsuarez

Auditioning
Real Name
Patrick Suarez
Thanks to both of you, BTW.

Crazy notion: If all else fails, what about Y-connectors? If only one unit is operating at a time, I can't see the harm in this. Unless I'm missing something...

Pat

FeisalK

Screenwriter
Pat, if you can swing it, a HDMI receiver (with t least 2 inputs) would probably be best. I think one of the new Tosh HD players does not have multich analog outputs.

C

Chris*Liberti

Only ones I know of are some of the older Sony ES models. I had either the DA4ES or the DA5ES and it had one 5.1 analog in and one 7.1 analog in. I used both since I had DVD-A and SACD at the time.

RobertSYS

Agent
I have a Sony STR-DE995 receiver that has a 7.1 and a 5.1 analog input. It's a few years old, but does the trick nicely.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbob7777