HT Projector $1500 Range

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Aaron_*P, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Aaron_*P

Aaron_*P Stunt Coordinator

I was wondering if anyone could give me some recommendations on a Home Theater Projector in the $1500 range. The room will have some ambient light some of the time (about half the time it will be totally dark, but it needs to function with a little ambient light). I have heard great things about the Infocus X1, which is about $1000, but is there something else better that I could get for my price range. Also, XGA resolution (or more [​IMG] ) is preferred and so would a DVI input as it will be connected to a home theater pc I am building (this is not required, as long as it has an analog computer input although since it will be controlled from a htpc I am assuming it would make much more sence for me to get a projector with one). Any guidance or ideas will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

-Aaron

2. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

DVI Panny 300 and Sanyo Z2 have DVI.

Sanyo Z1 and X1 have VGA inputs....

Give us some more info: room size, distance from 1st row to screen, Screen size wanted.....

3. Chuck H

Chuck H Agent

Chad
    I believe you have the Z1, how practical is it for watching regular satillite feed and xbox gaming? My wife won't go for it if it is limited to just watching DVD's.

4. Aaron_*P

Aaron_*P Stunt Coordinator

The room's a pretty big room, and I can rearange it any way I want. I have a full wall for the screen so I can pretty much get any size screen that would be appropriate for the projector, the bigger the better. The first row will could be anywhere from two to eight feet back. Thanks for your help. -Aaron

5. ChadLB

ChadLB Screenwriter

Actually room dimensions/ceiling height will help. Remember this is a long throw projector so to get a big screen you need it to be back around 16/17 ft.