What's new

HT Placement question (1 Viewer)

Billy Wang

Stunt Coordinator
I just moved into a new house. I reserved the downstairs for the home theater however I can't fit it. I don't want the TV (27", but will get bigger soon) to block the fireplace but if I place it the other way, the distance between the couch and the TV is only 7 feet. Is this far enough? Also if I do have the TV block the fireplace I'd need a couch or something to sit on that still looks good from behind, (many couches does not look good from behind). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Why would you want to block the fireplace? I have a few strange problems with my room also. One wall is basically all glass with a sliding glass door right in the middle. So it was either sun in my eyes, or sun on the TV. Since the glass is floor to ceiling, curtains are not exactly a simple matter.
rolleyes.gif

7 feet is probably sufficient, especially considering you are only using a 27". If you go to a large RPTV, then 7' might not be enough, but even with a 32" or 36", you should be fine.
As for the couch, maybe get a small table or something to cover up the back side? (or at least draw attention away / disguise
biggrin.gif
)
------------------
All progress is based upon a universal, innate desire on the part of every organism,
to live beyond it's income.
ITRCA ** Link Removed (sorry, car guy)

Billy Wang

Stunt Coordinator
I don't want to block the fireplace since it's a real nice one. But if I do go with the 7' option then the wires to the rear speakers will have to travel on the ceiling which is terrible since the ceiling is just remodeled. But I do like your table idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks