What's new

HT page contest (1 Viewer)

Ray R

Stunt Coordinator
The SVS give away is a great idea, but the winner is selected by the luck of the draw and really doesn't have any lasting impression on the rest of the members.

I suggest HTF conduct a contest open to all members who have HT web pages listed in the members theater section.

A panel of judges could be selected from the forum. This honor could be given to members who give good advice, write quality reviews or even by randomn.

The contest could have a wide variety of categories beyond just the "mother of all home theaters". Most inviting HT, best webpage, the little theater that could, and biggest wire nest are just some that I can think of off the top of my head. Nothing quantifiable like most money spent or biggest screen. Just subjective categories to have some fun.

Prizes could be just the honor of being selected or some free swag from studios and manufacturers if you could get it.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ray:

You never can please everyone so to cover the vast majority of the membership the best contest to have is to just leave it up to the luck of the draw.

Maybe next year we will do something like this. Since SVS is going to be giving this away a couple of weeks before Christmas it is really too late to do something like that.

This contest will be done as outlined in my previous post. Just submit your name and HTF username to SV Subs and you are entered.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Parker

Ray R

Stunt Coordinator
I wasn't trying to suggest that the SVS give away be changed. The SVS give away is a great idea. :emoji_thumbsup:
My suggestion was just a thought on how to get more milage out of future give aways and foster that community feeling of the HTF. :)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Ray:

We will always be looking into all kinds of contests, etc. on the forum. One of the things that I would like to see us start is an HTF award that we give out to studios, companies, etc. This is just another idea that we have been kicking around. The past few months we have had to deal with software and hardware issues and now that those are behind us we will look into other things like future contests, etc. with greater attention.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks