What's new

HT output in two rooms (1 Viewer)

Brad-F

Stunt Coordinator
I am building a house and my first Home Theater. I have been thinking that it would be nice to be able to direct the audio and video signals to another room in the house.

My question is, can I run two full sets of speakers, from the one amp? A Pioneer 912.

I didn't think so. So here is my real question, what do people do in situations like this. I can imagine only two options..

1. Switch the to the different speaker sets, but never play them both at once.

2. Direct a digial coax signal to the other room, and get another amp to collect it and drive the speakers there.

Is there another option here. One that is more user friendly than option 1 and less expensive than option 2?

Thanks.

BrianWoerndle

Supporting Actor
If the Pioneer has pre-outs for all channels you could use the internal amps for 1 room and seperate amps for the 2nd room.

Brad-F

Stunt Coordinator
Brian

True. It does have pre-outs on all the channels..

If I was to use them, i would need to run a cable for each the front, rear and subwoofer to Room2 and then have and amp for the front and one for the rear (with the sub back there being self-powered).

Might be easier to just pass back the digital coax to a single amp me thinks.

Plus I might save the pre-outs for powering up the main Theatre room at a later date (when upgraditis gets me)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks