What's new

HT Newbie, rate my new setup (1 Viewer)

Chris_A_C

Auditioning
Hey everyone. I am new to the boards, but have been into HT for a couple years now (nothing fancy, but I have been into DVD since the first players hit the US shores:D ). Well today I was in Best Buy and decided that it was time to upgrade from my aging Sony Dream System (first model produced in this line, the DAV-S300). I love the Sony, but since I just got my Panny 47WX72 about 2 months ago, it's been a real drag not having enough inputs for all my toys. So I picked up a Sony STR-DE695, a Yamaha NS-P236 6.1 surround setup, and a Pioneer DV-563A (SACD/DVD-A) DVD player. Now I don't have much to judge it on except for my previous systems preformance... but I just got done watching Daredevil and it completely blew me away. The sound was so crisp (love DTS audio!!), and the progressive video was phenominal (sp?). Does anyone else have any of these components? If so letme know how you like them. If not, then everyone please letme know what you think of my setup. Thanks in advance.

Chris C.:cool:

NicholasL

Second Unit
Is very nice. The STR-DE695 sure has alot of features for it's price range. And the DV-563A sure looks sexy! How do the yamaha speakers sound? I like your setup though!

PS-was this post more of a reaffirmation of your purchase decision, or just fishing for compliments?:)

Chris_A_C

Auditioning
Actually alittle of both. Since this was my first real foray into full fledged HT (not just a HTB system)I just wanted to get some other peoples input on my decisions. Thanks for the reply though:D

BTW nice system you got!!!

Chris C.

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
NicholasL,

The moderators don't like it when people put their system list in their signature, it messes up the search function. Just thought I'd let you know. :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks