What's new

HT/Music Speakers (1 Viewer)

Bill Dz

Auditioning
Like many others, I have the marital decree to get small speakers,
redface.gif
I heard good reviews of the Energy Take 5 and the Definite Technology Pro cinema 80. No Energy dealers near me. Before I take the trip to trial them, Is there much difference between the Take 5.2 and the Take 5s (I saw some low internet prices on the older Take 5's) Reviews seemed mixed for music listening, are ther better choices? Thank you

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
I've read good things about B&W DM303, Monitor Audio Bronze 2, Paradigm Titan and PSB Image 2B. Note these are also the speakers I'm considering, but can't find a local dealer who has them in stock for a listen!
furious.gif

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
I'm assuming you will be allowed to have a sub??? If so you might want to consider the Swan's Diva 2.1. Even without the sub they are outstanding bookshelf speakers. They are small and the WAF should be very high as they are fine furniture. www.AV123.com
Russ

David Head

Second Unit
Barry,
You can listen to the PSBs at one of the following authorized dealers:
JS Audio
4919 St. Elmo Avenue
Bethesda, MD 20814
301-656-7020
Sound Images by High Tech
7700 Old Georgetown Road
Bethesda, MD 20814
301-718-2824
David

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Quote:
"You can listen to the PSBs at one of the following authorized dealers:"
David, been awhile since I was able to check the thread, thanks for the info. Will look them up this week.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
You may want to consider something from Klipsch also.
------------------
Mongo like HTF

Matt Broeska

Stunt Coordinator
i'll second the vote for monitor audio bronze 2's. i just got my setup where music is a big part and it came down to either the monitor audios or mirage frx-3's. the bronze's won by a nose but both are wonderfull speakers.
------------------
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Jo_M

Stunt Coordinator
Barry, there's a store in Laurel that carries the paradigms. I called JS Audio, they don't carry the PSB anymore, they carry something in place of it.
------------------

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
Ahh, just go Canadian... They make the best speakers
wink.gif
I'm actually being serious too. I love my Energy C-6s and want to upgrade to the Veritas or Paradigm Reference speakers soon.
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Ricky c

Stunt Coordinator
bill; I have the def.tech procinema 100's in my main room and they are fantastic for HT and music .They should be connected the way def.tech says to.I also have the Energy take5 in my kids tv/play room.They are good also but cannot be compared to the def.tech in my opinion .Go for deftech if you can you won't be sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks