What's new

HT Meet in Toronto? (1 Viewer)

Miles_W

Second Unit
I have that one too Erik, don't worry...
I'm sure there are a bunch of scenes people want to see where are they so we know if you have to bring the disc...
Miles

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
10:30 won't be a prob for me. Like I said I only live down the street. We just have to make sure that the rest of the people coming (anyone who has a fair distance to drive/or has to pick someone up) has enought time to get up in the morning and get people and get there...so don't anyone hesitate to say if it's a bit early. But I have no problem with 10:30 AM
------------------
Oops...I dropped my eardrums
could you pick them up for
me

Barrie Maxwell

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Everyone:
I just became aware of the Toronto meet and was glad to see the interest generated by the idea. I've been keeping aware of HT things through the HTF for several years, although I virtually never post myself.
I realize you've already got a full house, but keep me in mind as an alternate or for the future. I've been into HT for the past 5 or 6 years and have a large collection of DVD, LD and tapes. My focus is on classic titles and I'd definitely be the old guy of the group at 53. I write a regular weekly column dealing with classic films on DVD and also review classic titles for the website DVD Verdict (although the site is currently being revamped and won't be operational again until late February).
Later,
Barrie

Craig A

Stunt Coordinator
Hmmm... no ride yet. I'll get more specific about where I am, so you guys can decide if I'm too out of the way or not. I'm right at Jarvis and Gerrard. That's easy to get to from either the Gardiner or The DVP. C'mon people - where's the love? :)
------------------
"This is never going to end, is it?"
-My girlfriend, her first words upon seeing my new Amp and realizing the full extent of my HT addiction.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Craig..I guess work keeps you down there EH? Too busy for me..
IF I can get my car running well...it's on its last legs ...I could go for the drive....Leave it open seeing that I have nearly a month...
Looks like Paradigm is only a M-F operation as suspected.... I received an EMail from Mark Aling , Marketing manager and he seems interested.....He'll check with the big boys.....So some other date, but it would need to be a weekday.....
Brent L
------------------
Closing in quickly on 2000:)...Posts that is :)
{ well not quite as quick now:)

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Hey everyone.
I'm sorry to have to do this, but I will not be able to attend the meet. Some rather important family stuff has come up, and I just wont be able to make it.
Once again, sorry about this. I guess I'm going to have to wait for the next Toronto meet to hang out with everyone and talk HT.
Just do me a favour. Take LOTS of pictures! That way I can sort of feel like I was there. Though, it wont be a real substitute. :)
TTYL
Andrew
------------------
My Growing DVD Collection...As of 01/21/2001 it's at 53
ICQ# 69241437

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
Sorry to hear that Andy. You will be missed. But we will make sure to take lots of pics and post them up here.
We will most likely have another have another meet over the Summer, and hopefully get a Paradigm tour.
Ryan P
------------------
me

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Sorry to hear that Andy I was hoping to meet ya...and you won't see me in any pictures cause Irun away and hide.. :)
Paradigm next time!!!! Maybe followed by an opening at a theater and dinner at outback.
Brent L
------------------

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Craig, if you're still unable to find a ride from someone in Toronto, Wayne and I can swing that way and pick you up. Now that Andy in unable to make it, it's just the two of us coming from Orangeville.
Let me know a little closer to the date and we'll see what happens.
Norm
------------------
Norm Lalonde
Orangeville, Ontario

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
And I thought I was the only one to say COOLIO. Small world.
I've expanded it to Coolio Eglesias.
------------------
me

Miles_W

Second Unit
okay so this question is directed to the guys coming from Kitchener and Orangeville, is 10:30am in Whitby to early?? if so how about 11:00am... Please let me know so we can finalize the time table...
many thanks
Miles

Norm Lalonde

Stunt Coordinator
Myles, 10:30 AM seems fine to me. Normally, a drive to Pickering would take an hour or so, but our detour into Toronto will probably add 15 to 30 minutes to the drive.
Shouldn't be a problem though. It wouldn't surprise me if we showed up a little early. I like to give myself plenty of time.
------------------
Norm Lalonde
Orangeville, Ontario

Wayne Murphy

Stunt Coordinator
I'm with Norm so whatever time is good for me.
Group question.
What are your areas of major interest?
Audio? Video? Music? Movies? Gadgets?
My Major is Audio with Music a close second. Norm is enlightening me to the world of video but sound and music are more important to me.
What say you?

Miles_W

Second Unit
Walter, Massimo... is 10:30 okay for you guys...
Wayne, I am into Music first and then home theatre second...
Miles

brentl

Senior HTF Member
HT first and music second
Brent L
------------------

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I am a fifty fifty guy. I made my system for HT, but found a love for music along the way. Now I am upgrading my system so that it sounds equally good for music as well as movies.
It seems like everyone is OK with 10:30 am Miles, I will go down to Whitby Audio and let them know the time. I will also check on b-stock stuff. Matt and (the other guy)(forget his name) did say that they would proabably knock off a couple of bucks if people were buying stuff.
I know I will be buying the SR7000 (most likely, not positive) and the Paradigm CC370. Eric will be buying the SR7000 and pair of Monitor 7's and a Pioneer dvd player.
So if anyone else is in need of anything this might be a good time.
Peace out

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks